Windows 10: Microphone is 'Unplugged'

Discus and support Microphone is 'Unplugged' in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi: i recently got a micmom gave it to me and my mic wont work bc windows says its unplugged. It is, though?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hannah Arceta pls help, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Microphone is 'Unplugged'

hi: i recently got a micmom gave it to me and my mic wont work bc windows says its unplugged. It is, though?

:)

Hannah Arceta pls help, Jul 3, 2022
  2. MarcusRR Win User

In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11

Many thanks for your response, Carlo. I've followed your suggestions, and in response to each section:

- Under additional troubleshooters ("other trouble-shooters"), there is no Speech troubleshooter. I have tried again the Recording Audio one again, and it continues to say the microphone is unplugged.

- Under Devise Manager, it says "The best drivers for your devise are already installed", but I then tried the route of selecting my own, but I couldn't see where old drivers are. It just lists two pieces of hardware: the Realtek microphone and High Definition Audio Devise. I selected the microphone and it updated the driver (there was no choices, it just updated), I then rebooted but it still says it's unplugged.

- In Control panel / Sound / Recording the microphone was already Enabled, although it says it's unplugged. I can't right-click to set it as default as the option is greyed out. There is also no levels volume slider in Properties. I went through all four tabs, but there's no volume slider

- I've restarted my computer but it's still unplugged.

My laptop is an ASUS Vivobook: System Model Vivobook_ASUSLaptop M3500QA_M3500QA

Thanks again

marcus

MarcusRR, Jul 3, 2022
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

Microphone is 'Unplugged' 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 3, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone is 'Unplugged'

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

Microphone is 'Unplugged'

1. Microphone is 'Unplugged' - Similar Threads - Microphone 'Unplugged'

2. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking: Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i speak louder to someone it spikes all the way up to the loudest it can be and then goes back down. I've tried everything to...
  3. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking: Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i speak louder to someone it spikes all the way up to the loudest it can be and then goes back down. I've tried everything to...
  4. Microphone is 'Unplugged'

Microphone is 'Unplugged': hi: i recently got a micmom gave it to me and my mic wont work bc windows says its unplugged. It is, though? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-unplugged/c04d5ce5-26c1-4fa6-98d1-7d57d93e9bae
  5. In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11

In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11: After working fine until now my inbuilt microphone RealtekR Audio on my Windows 11 laptop suddenly stopped working today. I have done a trouble-shoot and it says "The Microphone or headset is unplugged". It doesn't work with a headset either 3.5mm jack. The sound is working...
  6. In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11: After working fine until now my inbuilt microphone RealtekR Audio on my Windows 11 laptop suddenly stopped working today. I have done a trouble-shoot and it says "The Microphone or headset is unplugged". It doesn't work with a headset either 3.5mm jack. The sound is working...
  7. Microphone stops working after unplugging earphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stops working after unplugging earphones.: My mic works, and my earphones' mic also works. But when I unplug my earphones during a call, the mic stops functioning both the laptop's and the earphones' even after plugging it back in. When I open the "Sound settings" to make sure the microphone is enabled, it is indeed...
  8. Headset being detected only after unplugging it. Microphone being quiet

Headset being detected only after unplugging it. Microphone being quiet: The headset that I use is frequently not detected by Windows 10. When this happens, if I unplug the headset, Windows 10 suddenly detects the headset despite it not being plugged in. I can plug it back in to use the headset, but the microphone becomes really quiet and it seems...
  9. USB microphone won't register unless unplugged and re-plugged in after sleeping computer or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB microphone won't register unless unplugged and re-plugged in after sleeping computer or...: Using a Samson Q2U. This issue is beyond annoying. submitted by /u/BioSkiBum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eowk12/usb_microphone_wont_register_unless_unplugged_and/
  10. Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.

Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.: Since the april update windows has not been detecting my microphone, I rolled back the update several times but it kept reinstalling despite me taking steps that I thought would block it. Now I have had the update for more than 10 days and am unable to roll back so I need to...