Windows 10: Microphone is very very quiet

Discus and support Microphone is very very quiet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed clownfish voice changer to have some fun with my friends and it didn’t work. I uninstalled it properly and now my microphone has gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LionHasBigPP, May 10, 2020.

1. Microphone is very very quiet

I installed clownfish voice changer to have some fun with my friends and it didn’t work. I uninstalled it properly and now my microphone has gone extremely quiet. I have to essentially yell right into it to make them hear me even in the slightest.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

submitted by /u/LionHasBigPP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LionHasBigPP, May 10, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

Hi Kirby, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If you've already adjusted the volume and boost for your microphone and it's still too quiet, it could be a driver issue.

I'd recommend reinstalling the microphone drivers through Device Manager. Here are the steps:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your microphone in the list.

- Right-click it and choose Update Driver.

- If that doesn't work, try uninstalling it and then scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

If it's still too quiet, test to see if the same problem occurs on another PC if you have one available.

Please let me know how you go! Thanks!

Graeme.P, May 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, May 10, 2020
  4. Microphone is very very quiet

my microphones are quiet

i have a Okeyn Condenser Sound Microphone [Noise Cancellation] USB Stereo Mic + Desktop Stand + Sponge Cover for PC Mac Laptop Skype Recording, Gaming, Singing and Video Chat Plug and Play.
    i am trying to record a song on audacity, but its being temperamental and quiet any suggestions??

JustinSchmitt, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Microphone is very very quiet

1. Microphone is very very quiet - Similar Threads - Microphone very very

2. Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.: Hello,Yesterday I was in classes online in Zoom and Google Meet and people were saying my microphone is incredibly quiet, the same happened when I tried to play games with friends over Discord. I have gone into the settings menu and turned the slider up to 100% for input...
  3. Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.: Hello,Yesterday I was in classes online in Zoom and Google Meet and people were saying my microphone is incredibly quiet, the same happened when I tried to play games with friends over Discord. I have gone into the settings menu and turned the slider up to 100% for input...
  4. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  5. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  6. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My Microphone is very quiet

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Microphone is very quiet: Hello, I am having a problem with my microphone that makes me very quiet I have my slider for my mic all the way up and there is no microphone boost in the advanced device properties I need help finding another way to boost my microphone volume because nobody can hear me over...
  8. Mic very quiet

Mic very quiet: My mic only picks up when I put it right next to my mouth and talk right into it. Is there any way you have a fix for this? I have downloaded the Realtek audio drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-very-quiet/669b0829-a4aa-4b97-9461-f3c82adc07bf
  9. Microphone is very quiet regardless of the program that's using it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone is very quiet regardless of the program that's using it: I'm not sure if this fits the sub or not but I've recently been told during my online classes that my microphone is very quiet. (This was on Microsoft Teams) How do i fix this! I checked the microphone properties from control panel..but there's nothing wrong there. Could it...
  10. Headphones Audio Very Quiet.

Headphones Audio Very Quiet.: Hi all. For the first time in a long time I decided to plug In earphones into my desktop. The audio I get out of it is very quiet and at full volume I have very limited sound. I tried updating drivers, disabling all audio enhancements and nothing is working. These are brand...