Windows 10: Microphone isn't picking up voice (Not privacy issue)

Discus and support Microphone isn't picking up voice (Not privacy issue) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I am posting this after having read many different solutions on the internet for HOURS and still haven't found the one that works for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/taxidermista, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Microphone isn't picking up voice (Not privacy issue)

Hello. I am posting this after having read many different solutions on the internet for HOURS and still haven't found the one that works for me. Basically, my microphone isn't picking up any sound. I've tried this:

- Drivers are up to date

- I've tried different drivers (older and current ones)

- Windows Privacy allows access to mic

- It is not muted

- It works on other computers

- I've tried read and front panel connector + an external USB soundcard

I'm going crazy and have no clue what else can it be. Does anyone have an idea? Thank you.

submitted by /u/taxidermista
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/taxidermista, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Microphone doesn't pick up voice.

Hi Gijuana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    As of now I suggest you t follow the methods below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run and check hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the step:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.
    • Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.
    • Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator. (Enter credentials if prompted)
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b) Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c) Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d) You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Method 3: If the issue still persists, then let’s try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps. Please follow the steps given below.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better.

Nachappa C K, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone isn't picking up voice (Not privacy issue)

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Microphone isn't picking up voice (Not privacy issue)

1. Microphone isn't picking up voice (Not privacy issue) - Similar Threads - Microphone isn't picking

2. Microphone detected but not picking up any voices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone detected but not picking up any voices: I've been experiencing an unusual problem with my microphone for the past two days. While it was working perfectly before, it suddenly stopped picking up and input voices. I've exhausted all the possible solutions I found through online, including reinstalling drivers,...
  3. Microphone not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not picking up my voice: recently the front 2 3.5mm audio jacks one for headphones and other for microphone stopped working, so i decided to buy a usb adapter and the audio from my headset is now working but the microphone is not picking up my voice unless i put it right up against my lips. i have...
  4. Microphone not picking up my voice

Microphone not picking up my voice: recently the front 2 3.5mm audio jacks one for headphones and other for microphone stopped working, so i decided to buy a usb adapter and the audio from my headset is now working but the microphone is not picking up my voice unless i put it right up against my lips. i have...
  5. Microphone not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  7. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  8. Microphone does not pick up voice

Microphone does not pick up voice: My headset microphone is completely functional; however, my PC cannot pick up my voice. If I blow loudly in the microphone, the green bar on the sound control panel will light up but not when I talk normally. My drivers are fully updated and my microphone levels are maxed...
  9. Microphone doesn't pick up voice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone doesn't pick up voice: Today my mic picks up my voice really low, but it still picks up the keyboard and mouse sounds. Yesterday it was working perfectly fine. I've tried all the troubleshooting advice I saw online, meaning I did all I could on the Settings > Sounds windows, and tried to update my...
  10. Microphone barely picking up voices

Microphone barely picking up voices: My microphone on my computer barely picks up anything, even when close to it or even yelling. I tried boosting the frequency but that did nothing but change the speed it picks up but not the range. Anyone know how? Here's the Microphone specification details: Microphone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trrs mic not picking up sound

2. how to get my mic to pick up on my pc