Windows 10: Microphone Isn't Working. Need help.

Discus and support Microphone Isn't Working. Need help. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi My microphone is not working at all, Please read this case carefully: The headset I use is a line-in input with three ring pin. My computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mani_999, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Mani_999 Win User

Microphone Isn't Working. Need help.

Hi

My microphone is not working at all, Please read this case carefully:

The headset I use is a line-in input with three ring pin.

My computer is recognising this external device The headset is new and completely functional on other PCs but when i speak into the mic, no input is taken by my PC.

This same problem is happening with my two ring pin microphone.

Already ran the troubleshooter many times and even updated the drivers and even the Whole operating system.

I also tried reinstalling the relevant drivers new updated drivers but the problem still persists.

There is no volume related problem or even in the settings the microphone is enabled.

Even the Direct-X Diagnostic Tool is showing "no problem found".

Microphone Isn't Working. Need help. 0d6ffb33-8bdb-454f-bcb7-e227a0e0a29d?upload=true.png Microphone Isn't Working. Need help. 2d3c959c-1164-4f1f-8f92-963a08b6f12f?upload=true.png

:)

Mani_999, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 29, 2020
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone Isn't Working. Need help. - Similar Threads - Microphone Isn't Working

2. My microphone isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone isn't working: Today I turned on my laptop and wanted to talk to a friend but I couldn't because my built in microphone wasn't working I tried restarting my laptop, running the troubleshooter, watching youtube videos but nothing worked. I don't know how to fix it if someone can help me I...
  3. My microphone isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone isn't working.: my microphone does not seem to be working recently and I'm not sure why. It says that no jack information on my microphone which I'd assume it has something to do with it but I am not sure...
  4. My microphone isn't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone isn't working.: my microphone does not seem to be working recently and I'm not sure why. It says that no jack information on my microphone which I'd assume it has something to do with it but I am not sure...
  5. Please help! My microphone isn't working.

Please help! My microphone isn't working.: So whenever I try to record my voice it just doesn't work but when I'm on a call it works. Please help me with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-my-microphone-isnt-working/793d7c87-33b4-4c29-af6d-dd80901541c9
  6. My Microphone Isn't Working

My Microphone Isn't Working: Hi, I'm having some serious problems with my mic. It started when my Google Meet said that my microphone is muted by the system. I then went to the mic settings and all apps were allowed access to the microphone. So, I went to Microsoft Help and asked it to...
  7. Microphone isn't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone isn't working.: My microphone isn't working, but the rest of my audio is. RealtekR Audio Properties shows this error - Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_10432260&REV_1003\5&2506cd08&0&0001 requires further installation. But I've told it to update drivers and it says it's...
  8. Microphone isn't working

Microphone isn't working: Hi I have a problem with my microphone it is not working on discord or league of legend or even in a meeting on an internet page and i check a lot of thing the troubleshooter, the privacy, the device manager and I can't find a solution I tried with my headset it doesn't...
  9. Camera isn't working, Need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera isn't working, Need help: On my friends laptop fusion5 lapbook T50, and its running windows 10 on it. Her camera comes up with the error code "0xa00f4243" and wants to close other apps that is using the camera. No other apps are using the camera, what would you recommend?...
  10. USB Microphone isn't working

USB Microphone isn't working: Hi! I'm at my wits end with this thing. I have a headset with a microphone that I use for gaming, and the microphone just stopped working a couple months ago. Not sure if it was because of an update, or what, I have no idea. I know it still works because I can use it on my...