Windows 10: Microphone isnt working

Discus and support Microphone isnt working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP pavilion x360 laptop. It has a built-in microphone and it isn't working. If there is a loud sound, it will detect it kind of, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krissy11, May 26, 2020.

1. krissy11 Win User

Microphone isnt working

Hi,

I have a HP pavilion x360 laptop. It has a built-in microphone and it isn't working. If there is a loud sound, it will detect it kind of, and it picks up some background noise. But it cant detect voices.

All drivers are up to date and the troubleshooter says there is no issue, and the apps I'm using have permission to use my microphone. But when I am on zoom no one can hear me, and Cortana cant hear me either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

krissy11, May 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 26, 2020
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 26, 2020
  4. shaunmc1 Win User

Microphone isnt working

my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc

my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc

shaunmc1, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Microphone isnt working

1. Microphone isnt working - Similar Threads - Microphone isnt working

2. microphone isnt working:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone isnt working:: My headset has a microphone and this microphone is not showing up on input devices, i have tried many things including driver uninstalls and re-installs, all that stuff, i am on windows ten and would really like a solution ASAP, for more info, it says, chose your output...
  3. microphone isnt working:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone isnt working:: My headset has a microphone and this microphone is not showing up on input devices, i have tried many things including driver uninstalls and re-installs, all that stuff, i am on windows ten and would really like a solution ASAP, for more info, it says, chose your output...
  4. microphone isnt working:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. microphone isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone isnt working: so i plugged in a headset all is fine and i get audio but the mic isnt working i think oh its the headset thats the problem so i use the laptops built in mic and that doesent work either...
  6. microphone isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone isnt working: so i plugged in a headset all is fine and i get audio but the mic isnt working i think oh its the headset thats the problem so i use the laptops built in mic and that doesent work either...
  7. pc isnt detecting microphone

pc isnt detecting microphone: I recently bought an alienware gaming pc connected to a samsung led monitor. i connected my brand new gamertech wire headset to my pc using a converter. my headphones connected however the pc wont detect the mic. please help...
  8. Headset microphone isnt working

Headset microphone isnt working: Hi! I recently got a new headset Kotion Each G2000 But when I plug it into my laptop the microphone that the computer is using is the one from my laptop, although the headset works well. I checked the control panel to see if my device was disabled but it didnt appear any new...
  9. My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10

My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10: recently bought a new headset (Plantronics rig 300hx). I play on my laptop that is connected to my monitor. the sound is coming from my headset but my microphone is not working. my laptop is using my default laptop microphone. I have tried to change it in recording tab but my...
  10. my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc

my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc: my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-microphone-isnt-working-on-my-gaming-pc/785e745a-af44-4e24-8a56-551319620e4f