Windows 10: Microphone issues (Windows Audio)

Discus and support Microphone issues (Windows Audio) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I start my PC, my microphone doesn’t work however my headset and audio does. I have to manually go to the services window, restart windows audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IsolaOw, Sep 17, 2020 at 3:07 AM.

1. Microphone issues (Windows Audio)

When I start my PC, my microphone doesn’t work however my headset and audio does. I have to manually go to the services window, restart windows audio and than it works. Is there anything I can do to try fix this so I don’t have to manually restart every time?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/IsolaOw
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

3. Microphone issue

We suggest that you run the Audio troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshoot in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • On the right pane, select Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

You can also check this thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided
    by the community members.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 17, 2020 at 3:26 AM
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Microphone issues (Windows Audio)

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Thema:

Microphone issues (Windows Audio)

1. Microphone issues (Windows Audio) - Similar Threads - Microphone issues Audio

2. audio and microphone issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio and microphone issues: after update cumulative update audio and microphone both are not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-microphone-issues/3279bc80-7694-4ec2-b0ef-96f063e43bf0
  3. Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones: When trying to listen to music and make a video call using teams, my music audio is cut off and only video call audio works. I noticed when i change my output to headset instead of headphones, i can hear both audio ,i.e, from music and video call. But unfortunately the...
  4. Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues.

Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues.: Hi All, this seems to be a very unique issue that I am struggling to find an answer to, I will try to be as clear as possible and have laid out below some facts to hopefully avoid red herrings. I have a set of bluetooth headphones SONY WH-1000XM3 they are connected to my...
  5. Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home

Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home: I can't get input audio to work on my PC. The devices tested works on other computers. The devices checked have been connected thru USB-port or the port with the mic symbol, the used USB-ports works for other devices such as mouse and keyboard. One of the devices is a...
  6. Microphone Issues

Microphone Issues: After a PC restart my microphone stopped being picked up by my pc. I've tried everything I could think of to get it to show up again and function; restarting my pc again, changing where I plugged the USB into, generally fiddling with the USB cable, flipping the power on my...
  7. Microphone Issues Windows

Microphone Issues Windows: The microphone doesn't work in my new pc with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-issues-windows/7c515407-3db1-4e16-a5f3-1bbb914f26f2
  8. Audio and Microphone issues hard to explain DeviceManager

Audio and Microphone issues hard to explain DeviceManager: I've spent the entire day trying to fix my new audiocard and microphone, i've gotten all the way to them working in all ways except one, and that is the actual recording on the PC, i've come to the thought that these two included pictures are the cause, but i've spent hours...
  9. Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working

Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working: Hello. I have a HP Pavillion 500-164 tower. An ancient system, but it has been running Windows 10 just fine. Everything is stock, except for upgraded Memory, PSU, and GPU. No issues after I installed that hardware. About a week ago, the microphone inputs all stopped...
  10. Logitech G35 Audio/Microphone Issue

Logitech G35 Audio/Microphone Issue: Ever since I've done a clean install of Windows 10, I've been having an issue whenever I run a game while Windows is using the microphone, e.g. a Skype call, Steam call, or use while streaming, the audio completely cuts out, as does the microphone. I can't hear anything and...