Windows 10: Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App

Discus and support Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Your Phone App will only use my Microphone if I start a call then switch the audio input device over and back again in the settingsvolume mixer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scrogglefrollempth, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App

The Your Phone App will only use my Microphone if I start a call then switch the audio input device over and back again in the settingsvolume mixer in the system volume controls.This only works if you are in a call.Once the call finishes if you call again with the same settings the microphone will not work until you switch the system inputaway to another and back again in settings - sound.I have tested this on three different mics - I have tried completely reinstalling Windows and drivers to make sure it isn't dueto me changing any settings.I've Googled like crazy and lots are having this prob

:)

Scrogglefrollempth, Nov 16, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 16, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App

Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App

1. Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App - Similar Threads - Microphone Issues Phone

2. Issues with Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Your Phone app: I've been using "Your Phone" for several months with no problems. About a month ago the app began to mark read messages as unread. I would see a large number in the bubble next to the message icon Like 8 thru 11 unread texts.All of the texts marked unread I had already opened...
  3. Issues with Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Your Phone app: I've been using "Your Phone" for several months with no problems. About a month ago the app began to mark read messages as unread. I would see a large number in the bubble next to the message icon Like 8 thru 11 unread texts.All of the texts marked unread I had already opened...
  4. Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App: The Your Phone App will only use my Microphone if I start a call then switch the audio input device over and back again in the settingsvolume mixer in the system volume controls.This only works if you are in a call.Once the call finishes if you call again with the same...
  5. Your Phone App Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone App Issues: Hi, I'm finding that my Your Phone app will send a text message successfully but also keeps a duplicate text in the Your Phone app window with "Sending..." that ultimately results in an error saying my message couldn't be sent. One of the two messages successfully sends...
  6. Your Phone app using cell phone microphone instead of PC microphone

Your Phone app using cell phone microphone instead of PC microphone: Using the Your Phone app on my laptop - When placing/receiving calls, the audio comes through my PC speakers, however the app is using my cell phone's microphone instead of either my laptops internal microphone, or my Blue Snowball mic which works on every other app I have...
  7. Your Phone app: contats issue

Your Phone app: contats issue: Hi, I want to ask how It's possible that I done a factory reset on my phone and I have lost all my contacts because I don't have a backup of them, but now the problem when someone calling me and my phone is contacted to PC via Your Phone app I see names of contact on PC but...
  8. issue with your phone app call option wont connect to microphone in laptop

issue with your phone app call option wont connect to microphone in laptop: when in the phone app i can make and receive calls but i am unable to talk to the person on my side. my computer has a built in microphone. but no body on the other side of the call are able to hear me. i am able to use a plug in headphone well but i rather just be able to...
  9. Your Phone app connection issues

Your Phone app connection issues: I have been trying to set up the Your Phone app on my desktop computer for my Pixel 2 for a while now. I cannot connect the two devices together - I am not receiving the notification for the final step of syncing them. My desktop is on ethernet no, it cannot use WiFi and I...
  10. Your phone app connection issue

Your phone app connection issue: I'm trying to connect Samsung Note 10+ to windows 10 using link to windows. It keeps getting stuck at 60% even after I've tried all troubleshooting steps. One more point, I've logged in PC with a different Microsoft account then the one I'm using to connect my phone....