Windows 10: Microphone issues

Discus and support Microphone issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Monoprice usb microphone. I'm only hearing my recordings prominently in the left channel and have to press my headphones on the right channel to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rukiri, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Rukiri Win User

Microphone issues

Monoprice usb microphone.

I'm only hearing my recordings prominently in the left channel and have to press my headphones on the right channel to hear the 2nd channel.

Is there a way to check the volume balance for both channels?

:)

Rukiri, Nov 7, 2015
  2. Vemestrii Win User

Microphone Issue

So I built a custom pc about 4 months ago and the microphone has never worked, the output is fine, but there is no input.

Specs

i5-sky lake

8gb ram

GTX 750 ti sc

gigabyte motherboard

I use the onboard sound, but whats weird is when I tap on the microphone is detects sound as in you see the green bars jump up, but I can scream as loud as I can and it won't pick up my voice

I use windows 10.

Please help!

Vemestrii, Nov 7, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    Microphone issues...

Hi Koustub,

By the looks of it, it appears to be an issue with Google Chrome browser. You mentioned that Cortana's voice command is working as expected. With that in mind, verify with Google the correct settings to make it work. Has it always been like this before?
    If not, when did it start happening? What changes were made to your system since then?

Please advise as necessary.

John Ado, Nov 7, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Microphone issues

It depends on which application you use for the recording. If you don't specifically set the recording to stereo (both channels) the default could be mono (left channel only). See the settings of the application.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  5. Rukiri Win User
    I'm using obs but still primarily left channel and have not checked the mono box.

Rukiri, Nov 7, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    In that case, maybe stereo records only one channel because the microphone is mono, not stereo. Try selecting the mono option, just in case the recording plays on both channels (as done in a tape recorder when playing a mono recording). You can also use an audio editing application to copy-paste the left channel on the right channel so you hear the same on both. This is easy to do. There are several applications to do that, even free, just Google. I use Cool Edit Pro (not free).

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  7. Rukiri Win User
    In settings I'm set at 2 channels at
    4800hz dvd quality.

Just can't find a way to balance the channels.

Rukiri, Nov 7, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Microphone issues

Maybe recording at stereo while the microphone is mono, records sound only in the left channel leaving the right blank. Try recording at mono and see if playing the recording produces sound on both channels (like when playing a mono cassette on a stereo deck).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microphone issues

1. Microphone issues - Similar Threads - Microphone issues

2. Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming: Hello everybody,it would be very nice if someone could help me. While playing Pubg mobile in gameloop emulator I am facing issue when I use headphone mic. I set Input/Output default as headphones. Now whenever i turn on mic in game I cannot hear sound no game sound and no...
  3. Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming: Hello everybody,it would be very nice if someone could help me. While playing Pubg mobile in gameloop emulator I am facing issue when I use headphone mic. I set Input/Output default as headphones. Now whenever i turn on mic in game I cannot hear sound no game sound and no...
  4. Windows 11 Mouse/Keyboard/Microphone Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mouse/Keyboard/Microphone Issues: Everytime I open an application, dependent on the size of the application.. in larger terms, my cursor and my keys will freeze in game not physically. It never did this before. I’ve already tried re-installing the mouse and keyboard drivers, and it’s still not working. Other...
  5. Windows 11 Mouse/Keyboard/Microphone Issues

Windows 11 Mouse/Keyboard/Microphone Issues: Everytime I open an application, dependent on the size of the application.. in larger terms, my cursor and my keys will freeze in game not physically. It never did this before. I’ve already tried re-installing the mouse and keyboard drivers, and it’s still not working. Other...
  6. Microphone issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone issue: When I plug in my wired headphones, I’m getting sound in the speaker and the headphones simultaneously. I’m not able to change input-output devices in the sound settings. In playback devices settings headphones option is not present. I’m also not able to download the Realtek...
  7. Microphone issue

Microphone issue: When I plug in my wired headphones, I’m getting sound in the speaker and the headphones simultaneously. I’m not able to change input-output devices in the sound settings. In playback devices settings headphones option is not present. I’m also not able to download the Realtek...
  8. Microphone issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. hello I have issues with Phone Link about microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello I have issues with Phone Link about microphone.: My wired headphones microphone is not working on just Phone Link calls. But it is working on any app except Phone Link. But when I select realtek microphone for default, it is working on calls. How can I solve this....
  10. hello I have issues with Phone Link about microphone.

hello I have issues with Phone Link about microphone.: My wired headphones microphone is not working on just Phone Link calls. But it is working on any app except Phone Link. But when I select realtek microphone for default, it is working on calls. How can I solve this....