Windows 10: Microphone issues

Discus and support Microphone issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Monoprice usb microphone. I'm only hearing my recordings prominently in the left channel and have to press my headphones on the right channel to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rukiri, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Rukiri Win User

Microphone issues

Monoprice usb microphone.

I'm only hearing my recordings prominently in the left channel and have to press my headphones on the right channel to hear the 2nd channel.

Is there a way to check the volume balance for both channels?

:)

Rukiri, Nov 7, 2015
  2. Vemestrii Win User

Microphone Issue

So I built a custom pc about 4 months ago and the microphone has never worked, the output is fine, but there is no input.

Specs

i5-sky lake

8gb ram

GTX 750 ti sc

gigabyte motherboard

I use the onboard sound, but whats weird is when I tap on the microphone is detects sound as in you see the green bars jump up, but I can scream as loud as I can and it won't pick up my voice

I use windows 10.

Please help!

Vemestrii, Nov 7, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    Microphone issues...

Hi Koustub,

By the looks of it, it appears to be an issue with Google Chrome browser. You mentioned that Cortana's voice command is working as expected. With that in mind, verify with Google the correct settings to make it work. Has it always been like this before?
    If not, when did it start happening? What changes were made to your system since then?

Please advise as necessary.

John Ado, Nov 7, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Microphone issues

It depends on which application you use for the recording. If you don't specifically set the recording to stereo (both channels) the default could be mono (left channel only). See the settings of the application.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  5. Rukiri Win User
    I'm using obs but still primarily left channel and have not checked the mono box.

Rukiri, Nov 7, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    In that case, maybe stereo records only one channel because the microphone is mono, not stereo. Try selecting the mono option, just in case the recording plays on both channels (as done in a tape recorder when playing a mono recording). You can also use an audio editing application to copy-paste the left channel on the right channel so you hear the same on both. This is easy to do. There are several applications to do that, even free, just Google. I use Cool Edit Pro (not free).

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  7. Rukiri Win User
    In settings I'm set at 2 channels at
    4800hz dvd quality.

Just can't find a way to balance the channels.

Rukiri, Nov 7, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Microphone issues

Maybe recording at stereo while the microphone is mono, records sound only in the left channel leaving the right blank. Try recording at mono and see if playing the recording produces sound on both channels (like when playing a mono cassette on a stereo deck).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microphone issues

1. Microphone issues - Similar Threads - Microphone issues

2. Massive Audio issues with Microphone, just decides to stop working entirely every 2 minutes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive Audio issues with Microphone, just decides to stop working entirely every 2 minutes.: Whats up guys, I'm literally loosing my mind over this issue for more than 5 weeks now. I am pretty well versed in Windows and I know my way arround, but this issue has been plaguing me and I'm not able to fix it. Heres a brief description of what happens: My microphone...
  3. Issue when using 2 microphones input

Issue when using 2 microphones input: I tried today to connect the audio output of my switch to my Line-IN port to be able to have both the sound of the console and PC at the same time. After checking the box "listen to this device" everything but my microphone was working. When I looked at it it was muted, but...
  4. Microphone playback issues when CS:GO is open

Microphone playback issues when CS:GO is open: I'm at a loss, after searching for a solution but coming up empty. I'm currently having issues with my headset/mic always being on and in playback mode when CS:GO is open. Using Sennheiser HD 4.40 bt headset with a built in mic. On my task bar a mic icon pops up saying...
  5. Internal Microphone Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Microphone Issue: I cannot get the internal microphone to pick up when I record a video from the laptop. I've checked the settings and troubleshooting for the microphone. All the settings are up so that you should be able to hear, but you cannot....
  6. Microphone Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Issues: Jesus Christ I've asked this same question too many times, I'm just gonna copy and paste the last time I did and add what has changed since. "I'm having great difficulties with getting microphones to work on my computer. Currently, I have a headset and Webcam mic plugged in,...
  7. Microphone Issue

Microphone Issue: I was playing COD a few nights ago and my microphone randomly quit working. I used to be able to use my realtek mic, the one for the speakers I have connected, my bluetooth headphones, etc. But now the only mic that works is my oculus headset. I have read every blog and tried...
  8. Microphone Issues

Microphone Issues: After a PC restart my microphone stopped being picked up by my pc. I've tried everything I could think of to get it to show up again and function; restarting my pc again, changing where I plugged the USB into, generally fiddling with the USB cable, flipping the power on my...
  9. Software issue with microphone

Software issue with microphone: Hey, in september I bought a Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop. I installed Windows 10 and everything works fine. A few weeks ago my microphone became very quiet and my friends didn't understand me anymore (via teamspeak, discord and ingame voice chats). I thought my headset was...
  10. Microphone issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone issues: Windows 10 does not have any apparent way to adjust the volume on microphone input. You can select the microphone source and that's it. The only volume control is for speakers. ****? Where is the microphone volume control? It's not in Sound anywhere that I can find!?...