Windows 10: Microphone jack won't work

Discus and support Microphone jack won't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm currently using an earphone for my pc and I plugged it into the headphone jack to listen. But when I tried plugging another earphone in the mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by virak_bott, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Microphone jack won't work

So I'm currently using an earphone for my pc and I plugged it into the headphone jack to listen. But when I tried plugging another earphone in the mic jack, the pc doesn't pick up any sounds at all, both front and rear audio jacks. I tried going to settings and properties of devices to check the problem but I can't seem to catch it, I also tried downloading realtek driver to see if it makes a difference but it didn't.

:)

virak_bott, Jul 17, 2020

2. microphone jack not working

So i finally decide to buy a headset, and i plugged the headphone jack into the audio jack which works,but when it comes to microphone jack it don't work.
    it doesn't show that its a headset on windows 7 audio device, so i thought i'll try my case sound jacks..but i have 2 connectors on the case 1 is AC_97 and another is HD_Audio and i don't know which one i plug into i only have one F_audio connector on my motherboard,is that even the right socket to get my case audio jack to work?
    Someone help me please

kurosagi01, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Butters Win User
    Microphone not working with combo audio jack

My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone input is absolutely ignored.

I am 100% positive this is an audio/microphone splitter (and not just an audio splitter) as it has 3 rings on the end of it (indicating that it is compatible with using a microphone), and one of the input jacks even has a microphone icon on it. Realtek Settings are nowhere to be found in Control Panel, and I couldn't seem to find anything in the system sound settings that would help me either.

I've already spent money on this new headset, so as you can imagine I'm pretty frustrated that this is not working, and I really, really don't want to spend any more money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Butters, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microphone jack won't work

Microphone won't work

Hello Chase,

Based on what you've mentioned, it looks like we need additional information for us to determine the most appropriate advice. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you manually turn up mic gain by following the steps below:

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab. Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Microphone jack won't work

1. Microphone jack won't work - Similar Threads - Microphone jack won't

2. Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack: Hey there, Recently, I have not been able to use wired headphones on my laptop. The audio works but the mic is not working. My device is an Asus Vivobook 14 X409FA-EK555T, running on Windows 11. The headphone mic does work on other devices.Please help me as it used to work...
  3. Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack: Hey there, Recently, I have not been able to use wired headphones on my laptop. The audio works but the mic is not working. My device is an Asus Vivobook 14 X409FA-EK555T, running on Windows 11. The headphone mic does work on other devices.Please help me as it used to work...
  4. Microphone won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone won't work: Hi, Windows 11Realtek audio driversDesktop computer with front and back audio and mic inputsMy microphone just won't work. Please help.I've gone through all the settings and watched a few tutorials but nothing works.I've Realtek driver installed and have audio and mic inputs...
  5. Microphone won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone won't work: Hi, Windows 11Realtek audio driversDesktop computer with front and back audio and mic inputsMy microphone just won't work. Please help.I've gone through all the settings and watched a few tutorials but nothing works.I've Realtek driver installed and have audio and mic inputs...
  6. Headphone jack won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack won't work: Hi all I was trying to make my headphone speaker work and now when ever I plug my headphones in front or back nothing happens. I have tried different head/earphones and still nothing will appear. I have tried multiple solutions like updating my PC drivers and updating all...
  7. headphone and microphone jack both not working

headphone and microphone jack both not working: my headphone and microphone jacks both on the front and back of my computer have completely stopped working. at first the computer recognized speakers as being plugged in, but no sound would come out. but now, even when i plug in speakers and microphones, they dont even show...
  8. Desktop microphone jack

Desktop microphone jack: So I Bought a nice looking desktop microphone from Wish. And shortly after opening it i noticed A problem. It had a headphone jack, every time i plugged it in I got madder and madder because it would not show up in the recording devices. I also could find it in playback...
  9. Windows 10 Won't Detect Microphone in Rear Jack

Windows 10 Won't Detect Microphone in Rear Jack: Up until a few days ago, my mic worked fine in the rear jack. The other night, my PC suddenly stopped being able to detect it from that jack. It will detect my headphones just fine from the back, but my microphone is shown as unplugged in my audio devices, even though it is...
  10. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Microphone not working with combo audio jack: My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone...