Windows 10: Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking

Discus and support Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi basically what the title says, I have some pictures of my settings, drivers are up to date an all. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JordanTodd1, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking

Hi basically what the title says, I have some pictures of my settings, drivers are up to date an all.

Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking df25b0cb-8177-4aa2-b972-fa4c0ee9f74d?upload=true.png Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking cf5a28e3-a37f-4453-b526-baf45d1b1808?upload=true.png Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking 242515ad-054b-41a0-b5f4-90028413fbf4?upload=true.png

:)

JordanTodd1, Dec 23, 2018

2. Microphone cuts out when others speak.

I'm playing an online game called World of Tanks, and I will be speaking, and when another person speaks my mic will cut out until the people are done talking. I already have exclusive mode turned off for the microphone as suggested to me by peers.

AmericanDeadeye, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Bushka Win User
    Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Dec 23, 2018
  4. LeonLaude Win User

Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking

Microphone & Speaking

Hi tlcadieux2,

There are a number of reasons why you are having challenges in using the Microphone while talking to Cortana.

Below are the different methods on how to get this resolved.

Method 1: Turn on the Microphone in Settings.

This is the most common reason why the Microphone is not working. You can turn on the Microphone by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Privacy.
    • Click Microphone.
    • Under Let apps use my microphone, slide the toggle button to turn it on.

Method 2: Set up Microphone from the Control Panel.

Modifying the Sound Settings may help in resolving your concern. Follow the steps below:

• Type Sound in Cortana Search.
    • Choose the first search result.
    • Click the Recording tab.
    • If you can’t find the Microphone from the list, right-click on the list then select Show Disabled Devices, otherwise proceed to step 5.
    • Right-click the Microphone.
    • Select Enable.
    • Click Properties.
    • Choose the Levels tab.
    • Set the Microphone volume to a higher value.
    • Choose the Enhancements tab.
    • Tick the box beside the Disable all sound effects option.
    • Hit OK.

Method 3: Update the Microphone driver.

Here’s an article that would walk you through the steps on how to update drivers
    in Windows 10. It also includes steps in case you would have to uninstall and reinstall the Microphone driver.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking

1. Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking - Similar Threads - Microphone keeps cutting

2. Fix Microphone keep cutting out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Microphone keep cutting out: My laptop microphone is microphone array so I want to use my microphone but its very very bad it keep cutting out + my sound when they hear it is very bad how to fix it...
  3. Fix Microphone keep cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix Microphone keep cutting out: My laptop microphone is microphone array so I want to use my microphone but its very very bad it keep cutting out + my sound when they hear it is very bad how to fix it...
  4. Fix Microphone keep cutting out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it?: I just plugged a microphone in and one site did show the audio level is coming out of the mic when I speak so mic works. Should I hear it out of my speakers. I want to correct the pronunciation on a web site....
  6. My microphone keeps cutting in and out

My microphone keeps cutting in and out: I don't know what happened my mic just keeps cutting out every second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-keeps-cutting-in-and-out/3e591d9e-209a-457f-9946-e516dbd2e24f
  7. Microphone keeps cutting out

Microphone keeps cutting out: This issue has only just started recently. Whenever I speak into my microphone it only plays bits and pieces of what I'm trying to say and it's really frustrating. I am required to speak through google meets for my job and my colleagues can't hear a full sentence of what I'm...
  8. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game: My microphone has been cutting out while others players speak, I have a USB microphone that's new. My microphone is completely fine when i'm in discord calls or recording, but as soon as I get in game in Fortnite it messes up. With other players, my microphone is fine when no...
  9. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game: My microphone has been cutting out while others players speak, I have a USB microphone that's new. My microphone is completely fine when i'm in discord calls or recording, but as soon as I get in game in Fortnite it messes up. With other players, my microphone is fine when no...
  10. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my microphone keeps cutting out

2. Realtek Digital Output Location

3. windows microphon keeps cutting out

4. my microhonbe keeps cutting out,
  5. Microphone cutting on skype windows 10,
  6. microphone cutting in and out windows 10,
  7. microphone doesnt hear me\,
  8. microphone keeps cutting out windows 10,
  9. hawawi phone microphone cutting out when speaking quietly,
  10. my microphone keeps cutting out skype windows 10,
  11. microphone keeps cutting out