Windows 10: Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings

Discus and support Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I built a new PC recently and have been using my Xbox One controller's microphone as a microphone as I don't have one and I noticed that it wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FOnewearl, Mar 16, 2021.

1. FOnewearl Win User

Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]I built a new PC recently and have been using my Xbox One controller's microphone as a microphone as I don't have one and I noticed that it wasn't connecting anymore flashing like crazy disconnect and reconnect under Discord's settings and then stopped detecting and went to see what's up. I noticed it was disabled so I enabled it and it started flickering enable and disable like crazy. I tried to disable another device in there Oculus Virtual Audio Device and it's also flickering disable/enable like crazy. Google didn't seem to have any help, is there a simple way to solve this?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]Here is a recording of what happened when I tried to plug it in after restarting: https://i.gyazo.com/be3030652333580977bd9436afb63ff1.mp4 [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]When I unplugged it again, Sound stopped responding and I had to force quit.[/COLOR]

:)

FOnewearl, Mar 16, 2021
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10.

Hi sid071,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern. This setting might have disabled the Microphone in the computer.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and enable the Microphone.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound > click on sound
      on the right pane.
    4. Choose Recording tab and find the Microphone on the devices list.
    • If you can’t find it:
      Right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the Headphone is enabled.
    5. Select the Microphone and click the button Set Default. (Ref fig 1)

Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings 8980565f-cfff-462d-b128-af1f8b5f4908?upload=true.png

Fig 1: Enable Microphone.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings

How to enable microphone?

Hi Tolik,

I suppose you have disabled the Microphone in your laptop.

Click on Windows and R buttons and open the run box.

Type in Control and click on Enter

Then tap on Hardware and sound

Tap on sound on the right panel

Select Recording tab and search for the Microphone on the devices list.

- In case you cannot see Microphone in the device list, right click on an empty space and click on, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

- Click on “Headphone” and then “Properties” and ensure that the Headphone is enabled.

Choose the Microphone and tap on the Set Default button.

Nicky Radonskiy, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings

1. Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings - Similar Threads - Microphone keeps enabling

2. Microphone is enabled both in sound and privacy settings, but does not work on applications...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is enabled both in sound and privacy settings, but does not work on applications...: I have been having this trouble for a couple of days now. Microphone is enabled and set as default device, but microphone acts like it is on mute. Has been getting the error in slack saying “Your microphone is muted by your system settings. Go to your system settings to...
  3. Microphone is enabled both in sound and privacy settings, but does not work on applications...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is enabled both in sound and privacy settings, but does not work on applications...: I have been having this trouble for a couple of days now. Microphone is enabled and set as default device, but microphone acts like it is on mute. Has been getting the error in slack saying “Your microphone is muted by your system settings. Go to your system settings to...
  4. Microphone is enabled both in sound and privacy settings, but does not work on applications...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound Control Panel Keeps Disabling and Re-enabling Devices

Sound Control Panel Keeps Disabling and Re-enabling Devices: So this started happening, don't know what to do. It's not a device problem I can promise you that, it's something to do with my pc. https://www.reddit.com/link/me9avs/video/kyamph0yzip61/playerI have a Speaker and headphones connected. I use speakers when listening to...
  6. Headphone make no sound if i enable microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone make no sound if i enable microphone: HelloSo every time I use my microphone, my headphone stopped working and doesn't make any sound.Is there any way to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-make-no-sound-if-i-enable-microphone/3c66b4f3-7db8-4db5-a157-def2fb7ff775
  7. Sound Control Panel Keeps Disabling and Re-enabling Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Control Panel Keeps Disabling and Re-enabling Devices: Yeah so this started happening, don't know what to do. It's not a device problem I can promise you that, it's something to do with my pc. https://reddit.com/link/me9avs/video/kyamph0yzip61/player submitted by /u/nvthvns [link] [comments]...
  8. Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10.

Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10.: I have plugged in my headphones into the socket and there was a popup saying Microphone in / Microphone out I accidentally clicked on microphone in and and marked to never show this again. From then, the sounds are not playing in the microphone but are playing in the...
  9. Sound keeps getting disabled

Sound keeps getting disabled: Seems like every time windows updates something for 10; something keeps disabling my sound in the process and its really driving me freaking crazy!. I then have to go into device manager; uninstall the sound card; then rescan for hardware changes and let it reinstall it then...
  10. Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows How to Enable or Disable the Microphone in Windows When you are not using the microphone (mic) on your PC, you may want to disable it for privacy and security reasons, as it can get hacked and the hackers would be able to...