Windows 10: Microphone keeps lowering itself, when playing videos/talking over simultaneously and my...

Discus and support Microphone keeps lowering itself, when playing videos/talking over simultaneously and my... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently, I just tried to play video games with some of my friends on my secondary computer. But I find myself at a spot where I simultaneously gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DubonIlanua, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Microphone keeps lowering itself, when playing videos/talking over simultaneously and my...

So recently, I just tried to play video games with some of my friends on my secondary computer. But I find myself at a spot where I simultaneously gets into arguments with people over the fact, my microphone keeps cutting and lowering itself.

I've tried to figure out the problem and I noticed when I play any form for audio or hears any form for audio, my mic keeps lowering itself and it pisses me off. Especially when I'm in a group chat and tries to join in, but can't be heard because everybody speaks at once.

Anybody else with this problem?

:)

DubonIlanua, Jan 18, 2019

2. microphon

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Microphone keeps lowering itself, when playing videos/talking over simultaneously and my...

Microphone gets louder when talking/not

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your microphone volume is getting louder from 73% to 100 % automatically while you are on video call.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

Is the issue specific to video call?

Follow the below steps and check if it works,

1. Right click on the volume symbol, on the right bottom corner.

2. Click on play back devices.

3. Go to Communication tab and check do nothing.

Again start the video call and check if the issue is resolved.

If you are using Skype to make the video call, I would also suggest you to check the sound setting in Skype.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Microphone keeps lowering itself, when playing videos/talking over simultaneously and my...

1. Microphone keeps lowering itself, when playing videos/talking over simultaneously and my... - Similar Threads - Microphone keeps lowering

2. Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself in hp laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself in hp laptop: Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself in hp pavilion gaming laptop .....tried upgrading to windows 11 and all drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videoaudio-keeps-pausing-and-playing-by-itself-in/323992dc-9335-4f3a-9e72-f7b5a21f1f1f
  3. Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself on my windows 10: Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself on my windows 10I did all updates and troubleshooting.My problem is not solved yet.Please help me...
  4. Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself on my windows 10: Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself on my windows 10I did all updates and troubleshooting.My problem is not solved yet.Please help me...
  5. Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microphone keeps muting itself

Microphone keeps muting itself: As you can see in the above image, a specific device has its microphone muted. This happens irregularly and automatically. I have no programs that I know of that would affect my sound settings like this. Can anyone help?...
  7. My microphone level keeps changing itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone level keeps changing itself: So I have a USB microphone it's Fifine K669B (I have a pretty tight budget). I have to set the microphone level on 80 so it's not overly sensitive. but often times, the level changed itself sometimes by 2, sometimes to 100. I have disabled the exclusive mode and selected "do...
  8. Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used: Hello. So I have this issue with my microphone. When used, the volume is lowered and it sounds muffled. I already unchecked the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device " from microphone/headset advanced setting panel. Nothing seems to work for me......
  9. Microphone audio has lowered itself with same settings.

Microphone audio has lowered itself with same settings.: Hi guys so i recently did a clean uninstall/reinstall of my Nvidia graphics drivers after a soft lock to solve an issue and my mic is now having issues. With the exact same settings as it had before im sounding softer on things like discord and teamspeak. Checking the sound...
  10. Audio keeps lowering itself

Audio keeps lowering itself: My audio works for like 30 seconds to a miniute and then lowers itself, making everything sound like its underwater. The only thing that fixes it is replugging in my headphones only for the issue happen again. I have no idea how to fix it and its driving me insane! I already...