Windows 10: Microphone keeps muting itself

Discus and support Microphone keeps muting itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As you can see in the above image, a specific device has its microphone muted. This happens irregularly and automatically. I have no programs that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lo9ud, Jun 10, 2021.

1. lo9ud Win User

Microphone keeps muting itself

As you can see in the above image, a specific device has its microphone muted. This happens irregularly and automatically. I have no programs that I know of that would affect my sound settings like this. Can anyone help?

:)

lo9ud, Jun 10, 2021
  2. mahahual Win User

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Jun 10, 2021
  3. jamos316 Win User
    muting microphone

why does my microphone keep muting itself after every restart?

Microphone keeps muting itself 4ec979f2336595acb9e1430f16135c2a.png

jamos316, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Microphone keeps muting itself

Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Microphone keeps muting itself

1. Microphone keeps muting itself - Similar Threads - Microphone keeps muting

2. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help: I have attempted every troubleshooting method I can find multiple times and have found no solution. I've tried to update drivers, ended svc.hosts, ran multiple malware detection programs none of which found anything, changed advanced microphone settings as instructed,...
  3. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help: I have attempted every troubleshooting method I can find multiple times and have found no solution. I've tried to update drivers, ended svc.hosts, ran multiple malware detection programs none of which found anything, changed advanced microphone settings as instructed,...
  4. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone keeps muting itself on Windows 11/10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Microphone keeps muting itself on Windows 11/10 PC: [ATTACH]One of the most frustrating this one can experience is the muting of a Microphone. It is especially annoying when you are in an important meeting, and suddenly, you realize that your Microphone is on mute. So, if the Microphone keeps muting itself on Windows 11/10 PC,...
  6. my computer keeps muting itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer keeps muting itself: This problem appeared last week. My computer permanently keeps muting itself. I am trying to increase volume, it battles with me to get itself muted. I cannot unmute. I tried every way uninstall- install drivers, windows 10 recovery, cleaning boots, deactivate even volume...
  7. Muted Microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Muted Microphone: My microphone is muted and I do not know how to unmute it. All of my drivers are updated, all of my security permissions are set that it can be accessed and my microphone is active. When I run Troubleshooter, it says my microphone is muted, but doesn't provide a reason...
  8. Microphone keeps un-muting itself

Microphone keeps un-muting itself: I keep a microphone on my desk, plugged into the 1/8" jack on the back of my Dell tower. Every day I mute it, because it picks up ambient noise and repeats it through my headphones while I'm listening to music/et.c at work. Every time I come back to it, watching a video,...
  9. microphone mutes itself

microphone mutes itself: When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans....
  10. Microphone Mutes Itself

Microphone Mutes Itself: There is a new Dell laptop with Win10 and Skype installed. I do not always have access to it - trying to fix it for someone who keeps it at their house - I get access to it occasionally. Problem: The microphone keeps muting itself. Reset it and it's OK for a while, then...