Windows 10: Microphone level is automatically reset at PC startup?

Discus and support Microphone level is automatically reset at PC startup? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, here's the problem: Every time I boot my PC or start the Audacity program, my microphone level is reset. But not in the "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TimoHazy, Jun 21, 2020.

1. TimoHazy Win User

Microphone level is automatically reset at PC startup?

Hello, everyone,

here's the problem:

Every time I boot my PC or start the Audacity program, my microphone level is reset. But not in the "Windows Sound Control Panel", I have to increase the level of my microphone every time (Rocker on the volume).

I used Windows 10 and the Tonor-Q9 USB microphone.

Although I can rule out that it is the microphone, because in the past I had the problem that my headset microphone was too quiet.

I thank you in advance for all suggestions Microphone level is automatically reset at PC startup? :)

:)

TimoHazy, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

microphone level keeps resetting to zero using Windows 10

Hi Pete,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that microphone level keeps resetting to zero while using with Cortana.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect microphone settings or corrupt
    microphone drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps suggested by Wasim A on August 18, 2015
    and check if it helps.

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 21, 2020
  3. j2017g Win User
    Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved

PC Desktop Win 10. Microphone sound level began resetting to zero and blocking microphone. Tried so many things including uninstall and reinstall audio programs, Real Tek program and drivers, and more. None worked. Downloaded free Malwarebytes.com and quarantined lots of malware including one Trojan. Voila! microphone sound is now stable. Hope your problem is fixed by this action.

j2017g, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Microphone level is automatically reset at PC startup?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Microphone level is automatically reset at PC startup?

1. Microphone level is automatically reset at PC startup? - Similar Threads - Microphone level automatically

2. Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh using Windows 11 Pro on an HP Firefly Zbook 14 G8 Mobile Workstation laptop. I am being disturbed by the 'auto increase' of the volume level. I want to explain that if I adjust the volume to 50% and watch some videos or listen to some music then...
  3. Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh using Windows 11 Pro on an HP Firefly Zbook 14 G8 Mobile Workstation laptop. I am being disturbed by the 'auto increase' of the volume level. I want to explain that if I adjust the volume to 50% and watch some videos or listen to some music then...
  4. Microphone Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Levels: Hey, my microphone wont turn on in the Levels tab, it just doesn't wanna turn on [ATTACH] i can't turn this on and i don't know why. Please someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-levels/c42b3b66-e66d-4d10-9586-c61849504523
  5. Microphone level

Microphone level: Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-level/ab254916-e35f-49ae-a999-3e6a75bf94d0
  6. Programs adjust microphone level automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs adjust microphone level automatically: For the past 2 years I've been struggling to find a solution to this problem. Programs like TeamViewer and Skype for Business automatically change my microphone output levels when they think that I'm being too loud. This results in having to rapidly open sound settings to fix...
  7. microphone volume level slider resets to 0

microphone volume level slider resets to 0: Whenever I try to slide the level of the microphone in the properties to be higher than 0 it resets. This is on a new headset and i've already tried to update the audio drivers and reset my computer.[ATTACH]...
  8. Microphone Levels Broken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microphone Levels Broken: So, i enjoy skype calling my friend but she always complains about an insanely loud buzzing always in the background when she calls me. Today i decided to fix that, and every youtube tutorial i watch tells me to go into my microphone settings and in the levels tab turn down...
  9. When using my microphone, the microphone level automatically adjusts. -Bender1337

When using my microphone, the microphone level automatically adjusts. -Bender1337: When a loud enough noise occurs, the sound goes down roughly 6-12 percent - sometimes more. I can see the bar move on its own. I can't find the program that is doing it. Is there a tool to find out which program is fiddling with my mic? (https://youtu.be/5I-mbFjJqcU) Mic...
  10. Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved

Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved: PC Desktop Win 10. Microphone sound level began resetting to zero and blocking microphone. Tried so many things including uninstall and reinstall audio programs, Real Tek program and drivers, and more. None worked. Downloaded free Malwarebytes.com and quarantined lots of...