Windows 10: Microphone level is set to 0?

Discus and support Microphone level is set to 0? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a headset that has served me faithfully for five years. Until now I never had any problems, but today some people came up and said I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by starscream2k1, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Microphone level is set to 0?

Hello,
    I have a headset that has served me faithfully for five years.
    Until now I never had any problems, but today some people came up and said I was ultra quiet.
    After that I came to the level setting in the sound device tab under Windows.
    I just set the level to 100 (it was 0 before).
    I tested my voice via discord and sounded much louder than 0.
    Until then everything was fine.
    Afterwards I plugged the headset out (USB) and in again.
    The level had automatically gone back to 0.
    Now my problem is that the level setting always goes back to 0 as soon as I unplug the headset or plug it in again.
    What is the reason for this? How can I save the level setting to 100?
    Or maybe you have another idea how to solve this problem?

:)

starscream2k1, Jun 13, 2020
  2. DonKemp Win User

Windows 10 microphone level setting

The microphone level setting on my Windows 10 keeps resetting to -19.3 dB.

I move it to near 0 dB but it keeps resetting.

How do I make it a permanent setting at or near to 0 dB?

DonKemp, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Microphone level

On going problem, I have an external microphone that plugs into the back of my tower. I can not get the microphone Level to stay at 100%. I can set it, but then it goes back to 0 with in seconds.

Tom and Karen, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Microphone level is set to 0?

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

There is a known issue in Windows 10 that may cause the microphone gain to be set to zero.
    We are currently investigating a fix and are hoping to release an update soon.

In the meantime, you can use the following troubleshooting steps to work around the issue.
    Use these steps in general whenever you are having trouble getting Cortana to hear you on your microphone,

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Wasim Asad, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Microphone level is set to 0?

1. Microphone level is set to 0? - Similar Threads - Microphone level set

2. How to set a fixed microphone level in settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set a fixed microphone level in settings?: I set the audio mic level to 50. I come back to check it a bit later, it has randomly pumped up to 70's or 80's. I set it to 100 and use a -10db cut filter on the preinput EquilizerAPO, come back, and the level has lowered to the 60's or 70's. I have tried special effects on...
  3. How to set a fixed microphone level in settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a fixed microphone level in settings?: I set the audio mic level to 50. I come back to check it a bit later, it has randomly pumped up to 70's or 80's. I set it to 100 and use a -10db cut filter on the preinput EquilizerAPO, come back, and the level has lowered to the 60's or 70's. I have tried special effects on...
  4. Microphone Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Levels: Hey, my microphone wont turn on in the Levels tab, it just doesn't wanna turn on [ATTACH] i can't turn this on and i don't know why. Please someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-levels/c42b3b66-e66d-4d10-9586-c61849504523
  5. Microphone level

Microphone level: Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-level/ab254916-e35f-49ae-a999-3e6a75bf94d0
  6. Microphone level too quiet.

Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  7. Microphon autolowering levels

Microphon autolowering levels: Hi, I have this issue with that is driving me furious, that Windows 10 manages the microphon level without my consent. Imean who do you think you are Microsoft to allow yourselves to interfere with the way i use my microphon ??? I've seen this question already asked on...
  8. microphone volume level slider resets to 0

microphone volume level slider resets to 0: Whenever I try to slide the level of the microphone in the properties to be higher than 0 it resets. This is on a new headset and i've already tried to update the audio drivers and reset my computer.[ATTACH]...
  9. Microphone Levels Broken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microphone Levels Broken: So, i enjoy skype calling my friend but she always complains about an insanely loud buzzing always in the background when she calls me. Today i decided to fix that, and every youtube tutorial i watch tells me to go into my microphone settings and in the levels tab turn down...
  10. Microphone record level constantly set at 24 on boot up

Microphone record level constantly set at 24 on boot up: I am using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4. Whatever microphone I use, whether it's the built in mic, a Blu Yeti USB mic, or a mic going in through a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface, every time I boot up, the mic recording level is set to 24. It doesn't want to stay at what I...