Windows 10: Microphone Level self-lowering

Discus and support Microphone Level self-lowering in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I have been trying to solve this problem and this is probably my last try onto this. I have a g430 and I connect it with a USB adaptor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xtrox07, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Microphone Level self-lowering

Microphone Level self-lowering F2KVvq5YnvgAK8kP4N0ZhADZOERgVEovH7Q-odvTUA4.jpg

So I have been trying to solve this problem and this is probably my last try onto this. I have a g430 and I connect it with a USB adaptor that already comes with the headset (I use the Logitech G Hub software). So whenever I talk loud, scream, or use the "Soundpad" program, my microphone level in the properties lowers itself, and I just can't find a fix to it. Any ideas? I've already tried to:

I want to keep it at 100

1. Uninstall skype
    2. Disable the ''allow apps to control the microphone'' in exclusive mode or something
    3. Disable all the other recording devices in the sound panel
    4. Check ''don't do anything'' in the communications tab, again in the sound panel
    5. Check if some app were changing the level
    6. Create a .bat file to lock the volume at 100 (didn't work as expected)
    7. Check if there is a malware or spyware

So I'm really sad that this is impossible to solve, and maybe the answer is right under my nose but I can't see it. So please help as I'm getting mentally abused. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Xtrox07
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xtrox07, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Sep 16, 2020
  3. microphon

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Microphone Level self-lowering

Speech recognition stops working/ switches from entering directly into the text to entering into a pop up box

Hi Randa,

Thank you for your response.

Any chance your PC updated the system recently? Also, if Cortana is having difficulty hearing what you say, then we suggest doing the following the steps below. The steps are to manually adjust the gain for the voice recognition.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of your desktop.

• Select "Recording Devices".

• Select your main input microphone.

• Speak into the microphone

• Note the sound level meter. You want the level meter to peak every so often at the top of the bar but still show good bounce during your spoken text.

• Ensure the microphone input is still selected and click properties.

• Click the Levels tab.

• If you have a microphone boost set it in the middle.

• Now adjust the microphone gain by moving the slider.

• Click “Apply” and verify that the level meter is responding as described in step 5.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Level self-lowering

1. Microphone Level self-lowering - Similar Threads - Microphone Level self

2. Microphone Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Levels: Hey, my microphone wont turn on in the Levels tab, it just doesn't wanna turn on [ATTACH] i can't turn this on and i don't know why. Please someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-levels/c42b3b66-e66d-4d10-9586-c61849504523
  3. Microphone level

Microphone level: Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-level/ab254916-e35f-49ae-a999-3e6a75bf94d0
  4. Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering

Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering: When switching between default playback devices, the microphone volume level keeps defaulting to 39. I've turned off "Allow Applications to take exclusive control on this device on both playback devices and also the microphone. I've also set "do nothing" when Windows Detects...
  5. Samsung level U microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung level U microphone: Hey, I have a Samsung level U headset, when I connect my headset to my computer, it shows two device, Samsung headphone and Samsung headset, well Samsung headphone is working properly, but when I choose headset to use the microphone it's not working at all. All my drivers...
  6. Microphone Sound Level Changing

Microphone Sound Level Changing: I'm trying to adjust my microphones volume level by setting the level manually then using and voice recorder program to hear how it sounds. My computer however is automatically changing the volume level to what it thinks it should be when I speak and it is too high. How do I...
  7. Microphone level too quiet.

Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  8. Microphon autolowering levels

Microphon autolowering levels: Hi, I have this issue with that is driving me furious, that Windows 10 manages the microphon level without my consent. Imean who do you think you are Microsoft to allow yourselves to interfere with the way i use my microphon ??? I've seen this question already asked on...
  9. Microphone lowering volume

Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  10. Microphone Levels Broken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microphone Levels Broken: So, i enjoy skype calling my friend but she always complains about an insanely loud buzzing always in the background when she calls me. Today i decided to fix that, and every youtube tutorial i watch tells me to go into my microphone settings and in the levels tab turn down...