Windows 10: Microphone level

Discus and support Microphone level in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikaelaBalin, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Microphone level

Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone?

Microphone level 6ad31483-9523-4186-a1b2-038f7bbe3859?upload=true.png

:)

MikaelaBalin, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Mar 5, 2021
  3. microphon

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Microphone level

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

There is a known issue in Windows 10 that may cause the microphone gain to be set to zero.
    We are currently investigating a fix and are hoping to release an update soon.

In the meantime, you can use the following troubleshooting steps to work around the issue.
    Use these steps in general whenever you are having trouble getting Cortana to hear you on your microphone,

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Wasim Asad, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Microphone level

1. Microphone level - Similar Threads - Microphone level

2. Microphone array input level is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone array input level is too low: Greetings,My microphone's input level is too low that I do not even hear myself properly. I can only hear myself when I speak very loudly and close to the mics of the laptop. I tried the followings and I request your assistance.I checked the input level and it is 100. Since...
  3. Microphone array input level is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone array input level is too low: Greetings,My microphone's input level is too low that I do not even hear myself properly. I can only hear myself when I speak very loudly and close to the mics of the laptop. I tried the followings and I request your assistance.I checked the input level and it is 100. Since...
  4. how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?: this morning I opened my computer to go on a zoom meeting and realized no one can hear me when I went to my friend who is more familiar with computers he checked and told me that he doesn't know why but my microphone is stuck on level zero how do I fix this?here is what...
  5. how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?

how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?: this morning I opened my computer to go on a zoom meeting and realized no one can hear me when I went to my friend who is more familiar with computers he checked and told me that he doesn't know why but my microphone is stuck on level zero how do I fix this?here is what...
  6. how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone level barely moves when speaking normally which gives me 1 green bar, and when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone level barely moves when speaking normally which gives me 1 green bar, and when...: So I've been having this microphone issue where the recording volume meter goes up to 1 green bar when the microphone is not far from my mouth. But, when I speak loudly or tap the microphone it goes up 4-6 green bars. I've tried adjusting the mic volume everywhere, even...
  8. Microphone level barely moves when speaking normally which gives me 1 green bar, and when...

Microphone level barely moves when speaking normally which gives me 1 green bar, and when...: So I've been having this microphone issue where the recording volume meter goes up to 1 green bar when the microphone is not far from my mouth. But, when I speak loudly or tap the microphone it goes up 4-6 green bars. I've tried adjusting the mic volume everywhere, even...
  9. Microphone level barely moves when speaking normally which gives me 1 green bar, and when...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Microphone sound is very soft despite the level being 100%

Microphone sound is very soft despite the level being 100%: My microphone is recording 0% of the sound when I am speaking normally:My microphone is recording only 7% when I am speaking extremely close to the mic:- There is nothing wrong with my mic- Can you advise me what to further do in windows for this issue?...