Windows 10: Microphone Levels Reset to 100 when I launch EXE programs.

Discus and support Microphone Levels Reset to 100 when I launch EXE programs. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What's wrong: I recently purchased a Samson Meteor Microphone and was thoroughly enjoying it. However recently an incessant problem has occurred where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kilgrim, Sep 4, 2016.

1. kilgrim Win User

Microphone Levels Reset to 100 when I launch EXE programs.

What's wrong: I recently purchased a Samson Meteor Microphone and was thoroughly enjoying it. However recently an incessant problem has occurred where whenever I launch any exe file, IE: steam games, leauge of legends after champ select, anything that basically takes me into to full screen. I've tried a lot of things. I've made sure applications do not have control over my microphone, I've uninstalled my drivers multiple times which temporarily fixed it, but then the problem came back. I've also uninstalled VIA HD Audio dec along with uninstalling/reinstalled Realtek audio drivers which again temporarily fixed it, but the problem came back.
    I just really want some help here as I'm at a loss in what to do. Usually I can fix this stuff on my own but I'm just not sure what to do anymore.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Also I've attached a DxDiag if that will help anyone help me.

:)

kilgrim, Sep 4, 2016
  2. NJ Dad Win User

Speech Recognition Changes Microphone Settings

I have a professional quality microphone (BlueMic Yeti). Every time WSR says "What was that", It changes the microphones setting to 100% level. After that it seems to have a lot of difficulty understanding anything. I am trying to adjust the microphone
    itself, and leave the level at 100% In Windows. I am having some success with that.

NJ Dad, Sep 4, 2016
  3. QD_Pi Win User
    Windows 10 Speech Recognition Turns Microphone Off

I am having difficulty using the Windows Speech Recognition app in Windows 10.

When the app launches it turns the volume level of the microphone all the way down to 0.

I have observed the following behavior.

I pull up the Properties for the Recording Device.

I chose the Properties for Microphone, which is Realtek High Definition Audio.

I switch to the Levels tab.

Current settings are: Microphone 91%, Microphone Boost +20 dB.

91% is the volume level that it adjusts to when I call "Hey Cortana", so I left it there.

I launch the Windows Speech Recognition app.

As soon as it starts listening, the volume level drops to 0.

I can manually adjust the microphone level back up again after Windows Speech Recognition is Listening, and work with it normally. But if I put it to Sleep and then activate it again, the microphone volume level is dropped to 0 again.

If I try to call "Hey Cortana" while Speech Recognition is Listening, Windows Speech Recognition goes to sleep and takes the volume level down to 0.

I can't find a way to stop Windows Speech Recognition from changing the properties of the microphone.

QD_Pi, Sep 4, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

First, this is a USB microphone and not directly connected to the PC audio (VIA in your case).
    However, do you have "Stereo Mix" set as the default recording device? With Stereo Mix set as default, any audio input can be used. If its set to something else the input can get disabled. Check the Recording Device.

fireberd, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Microphone Levels Reset to 100 when I launch EXE programs. - Similar Threads - Microphone Levels Reset

2. Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.: Hello,Yesterday I was in classes online in Zoom and Google Meet and people were saying my microphone is incredibly quiet, the same happened when I tried to play games with friends over Discord. I have gone into the settings menu and turned the slider up to 100% for input...
  3. Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.: Hello,Yesterday I was in classes online in Zoom and Google Meet and people were saying my microphone is incredibly quiet, the same happened when I tried to play games with friends over Discord. I have gone into the settings menu and turned the slider up to 100% for input...
  4. Microphone Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Levels: Hey, my microphone wont turn on in the Levels tab, it just doesn't wanna turn on [ATTACH] i can't turn this on and i don't know why. Please someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-levels/c42b3b66-e66d-4d10-9586-c61849504523
  5. Microphone level

Microphone level: Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-level/ab254916-e35f-49ae-a999-3e6a75bf94d0
  6. microphone keeps resetting to 100%

microphone keeps resetting to 100%: Hi, I keep Having this problem where my mic keeps on resetting to 100% every time I turn on my laptop I completely shut it off every night and idk why it's happening. I am using the Realtek audio console to manage my microphone and it keeps resetting it to 100 volume and it's...
  7. My microphone level setting keep resetting itself to 100 (How Do I Fix This?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone level setting keep resetting itself to 100 (How Do I Fix This?): So I have been experiencing this problem for awhile now and it gets really annoying. My level settings on my main microphone keep getting changed to random numbers (only recently has it been resetting to 100). I usually keep it at 79 so I don't ear rape people I am in a call...
  8. Programs adjust microphone level automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs adjust microphone level automatically: For the past 2 years I've been struggling to find a solution to this problem. Programs like TeamViewer and Skype for Business automatically change my microphone output levels when they think that I'm being too loud. This results in having to rapidly open sound settings to fix...
  9. microphone volume level slider resets to 0

microphone volume level slider resets to 0: Whenever I try to slide the level of the microphone in the properties to be higher than 0 it resets. This is on a new headset and i've already tried to update the audio drivers and reset my computer.[ATTACH]...
  10. When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62

When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62: Whenever I activate Cortana either by clicking the little microphone icon near Ask me anything bar or by WinKey + C, the sound level of my microphone changes to 62, so I several times went to Recording Devices -> Right click on Microphone -> Properties -> Levels tab and...