Windows 10: Microphone lowering volume

Discus and support Microphone lowering volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MicroRuben, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Microphone lowering volume

Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone.

I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this 'glitch' before and we knew how to fix this. So I went into the microphone properties and I taken the ''Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'' which was the cause to this.

The thing is ... my voice keeps lowering and lowering until it gets cut off, after cutting off my voice gets back to normal until it starts lowering again.

Can someone tell me what's causing this? My drivers are up to date and my microphone is allowed to any application too.

:)

MicroRuben, Nov 16, 2019

2. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Kirolink Win User

Microphone lowering volume

When Cortana is listening to my voice it lowers my microphone volume.

How can I stop her from lowering my microphone volume? It is very annoying for skype and stuff.

Kirolink, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Microphone lowering volume

1. Microphone lowering volume - Similar Threads - Microphone lowering volume

2. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats: I work online and have voice chats almost everyday. I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspirion 5570 laptop for work and use my website for work to make have voice chats. Whenever I'm in a voice call, whether it be for work or even on Discord for fun, the volume of my microphones...
  3. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats: I work online and have voice chats almost everyday. I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspirion 5570 laptop for work and use my website for work to make have voice chats. Whenever I'm in a voice call, whether it be for work or even on Discord for fun, the volume of my microphones...
  4. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone recorded volume becomes noticeably and irreversibly lower while microphone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone recorded volume becomes noticeably and irreversibly lower while microphone...: The laptop in question here is the Dell Inspiron 13 5310. I frequently use the laptop's embedded Microphone Array located on the left and right side of the webcam for web meetings, and they're not functioning well for months. The microphone's recording volume gets lowered...
  6. Microphone recorded volume becomes noticeably and irreversibly lower while microphone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone recorded volume becomes noticeably and irreversibly lower while microphone...: The laptop in question here is the Dell Inspiron 13 5310. I frequently use the laptop's embedded Microphone Array located on the left and right side of the webcam for web meetings, and they're not functioning well for months. The microphone's recording volume gets lowered...
  7. Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering: When switching between default playback devices, the microphone volume level keeps defaulting to 39. I've turned off "Allow Applications to take exclusive control on this device on both playback devices and also the microphone. I've also set "do nothing" when Windows Detects...
  8. Volume lowers by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  9. Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.: As the title says. Windows is for some reason lowering my microphone input volume. I have no idea when this error started to occur but it's super annoying. Does anyone know how to solve this? submitted by /u/JetCypress [link] [comments]...
  10. Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used: Hello. So I have this issue with my microphone. When used, the volume is lowered and it sounds muffled. I already unchecked the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device " from microphone/headset advanced setting panel. Nothing seems to work for me......