Windows 10: Microphone mute

Discus and support Microphone mute in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been trying to use my microphone for online meetings and it says my mic is muted in my setting I went to my settings and found that it was mutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CoolectedJarl7, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Microphone mute

I have been trying to use my microphone for online meetings and it says my mic is muted in my setting I went to my settings and found that it was mutes and it wouldn't let me unmutes, when I click the icon to unmute it, it will not mute in control panel microphone properties

:)

CoolectedJarl7, Sep 29, 2020
  2. mahahual Win User

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Cassie B Win User

Microphone mute

muting microphone

Same issue. Windows 10 mutes the microphone only for Google Hangouts.
    I found it muted when I go to Sounds and I unmute but still doesn't work.

Troubleshooted from the sound icon and the mute issue didn't even come up as an issue.

Searched on microphone in search and then troubleshooted it from there (the troubleshooting looked different from there) and it came up that the microphone had been muted and was fixed. And guess what? I could use my microphone again.

I have found it will just mute itself again for no reason that I can find out.

Cassie B, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Microphone mute

1. Microphone mute - Similar Threads - Microphone mute

2. Mute the microphone system-wide with a global hotkey on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Mute the microphone system-wide with a global hotkey on Windows: MicSwitch is a free program for Microsoft Windows devices to mute the microphone on the device it is run on using a global hotkey. Instead of having to rely on the functionality provided by voice chat and audio chat applications, which often works only in the program that...
  3. Microphone gets muted every time I change the output volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone gets muted every time I change the output volume: Hello, I have a keyboard with buttons for volume and every time I use volume up or volume down my microphone gets muted, when microphone is muted I can't unmute in google meet, I have to go to Sound settings -> Recording -> Microphone -> Levels and unmute it there....
  4. Muted Microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Muted Microphone: My microphone is muted and I do not know how to unmute it. All of my drivers are updated, all of my security permissions are set that it can be accessed and my microphone is active. When I run Troubleshooter, it says my microphone is muted, but doesn't provide a reason...
  5. Can you help with microphone mute on/off button not working on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you help with microphone mute on/off button not working on Windows 10?: Please help me with the microphone mute on/off button on headset not working --> I cannot mute my voice. Here's the good news: 1. On Windows the Headset and Microphone audio is clear via Bluetooth. I can hear them, they can hear me. 2. Microphone/audio with Android phone...
  6. My microphone will pick up audio coming from my computer even though it is muted.

My microphone will pick up audio coming from my computer even though it is muted.: My headset has a button that mutes my microphone. However, my microphone is still able to detect the audio that comes from my computer. It doesn't detect my voice until I turn it back on. I also had the same problem with my old headphones and microphone. The headphones and...
  7. Low, silent, muted recording input, level, volume on USB microphone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low, silent, muted recording input, level, volume on USB microphone in Windows 10: I have had a Microsoft Surface Pro v4 for several years, and I just reset it to factory settings and upgraded all the software to find out my the recording level on my Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 was so low as to be inaudible in recordings. After lots of distractions and...
  8. Microphone mutes itself when I use any multimedia keys on my keyboard

Microphone mutes itself when I use any multimedia keys on my keyboard: I did not have this issue until the recent windows update anytime I try to adjust the volume or play pause media using my keyboard the mic automatically mutes itself I have to unmute the mic manually or run troubleshooter every time this happens. Is there a way I can fix...
  9. Media Buttons Mute Microphone

Media Buttons Mute Microphone: I have a lenovo laptop which mutes the microphone whenever a media eg. Vol control, open browser button on an external keyboard is pressed. This repeats with any keyboard I have tried 3 now, all with the same result. Any idea what is causing this and how to stop it?...
  10. Microphone picks up PC audio even when muted / Anybody help? would be appreciated!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone picks up PC audio even when muted / Anybody help? would be appreciated!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrPenguin14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gyfo1l/microphone_picks_up_pc_audio_even_when_muted/