Windows 10: Microphone Muted

Discus and support Microphone Muted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Envy all in one computer that is running Windows 10. My computer is updated to the latest version of Windows and I have gone to the HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by G. McG, Dec 9, 2018.

1. G. McG Win User

Microphone Muted

I have a HP Envy all in one computer that is running Windows 10. My computer is updated to the latest version of Windows and I have gone to the HP

support website to make sure I have the latest audio drivers for my computer. After the latest update to Windows 10 my microphone is muted.

I have run the troubleshooter app for audio and nothing seems to help. Under device manager sounds and recordings the microphone is muted under levels and it will not allow me to unmute it. I have tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling but to no avail. It was working before and now it is not.

Has any one else had this problem or have any answers to my problem? Thank you!

:)

G. McG, Dec 9, 2018
  2. mahahual Win User

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Cassie B Win User
    muting microphone

Same issue. Windows 10 mutes the microphone only for Google Hangouts.
    I found it muted when I go to Sounds and I unmute but still doesn't work.

Troubleshooted from the sound icon and the mute issue didn't even come up as an issue.

Searched on microphone in search and then troubleshooted it from there (the troubleshooting looked different from there) and it came up that the microphone had been muted and was fixed. And guess what? I could use my microphone again.

I have found it will just mute itself again for no reason that I can find out.

Cassie B, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Microphone Muted

Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Microphone Muted

1. Microphone Muted - Similar Threads - Microphone Muted

2. Microphone keeps muting itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone keeps muting itself: As you can see in the above image, a specific device has its microphone muted. This happens irregularly and automatically. I have no programs that I know of that would affect my sound settings like this. Can anyone help?...
  3. Is there any way to mute the microphone automatically when system audio is playing?

Is there any way to mute the microphone automatically when system audio is playing?: Hi everyone, hoping you can help me with this situation. I am using a screen recorder extension which records the entire screen with microphone and system audio.When playing audio files or videos, it records it cleanly BUT my microphone picks up the sound from the speakers....
  4. After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone

After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone: Hey, so I have Lenovo IdeaPad laptop and I had Win 1909 everything was working smoothly but Microsoft started pushing the 20H2 update so I was forced to install it. After installation my mic was not working at all I ran the troubleshooter and somehow my mic was muted and it...
  5. When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero....

When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero....: Due to my pc having the duel headphone port I decided to get a USB to 3.5mm adapter from 'Ugreen'. My headset has a seperate mute button attached but whenever I press this button it brings up a volume bar in the top right, which I believe to be for the keyboard volume up and...
  6. microphone is muting other sounds

microphone is muting other sounds: I have raycon wireless earphones and when I use the microphone it mutes all other sounds I have tried troubleshoot and disabled excessive mode and nothing will work....
  7. Headset microphone muted by default

Headset microphone muted by default: Hello, I have the "Tronsmart Spunky beat" Bluetooth earphones, which have a mic and can be used as a headset. Whenever I connect them, the mic appears muted by default, and I have to go to the settings and unmute it so I can use it. This is what it looks like after...
  8. Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function: As per the title: It's now 2021, videoconferencing is a reality of day to day life for many people, others do podcasting and videocasting. We've had an integrated mute speakers function in Windows for some time, and you can utilize this via multimedia keyboards or assign...
  9. Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self: So like the title mentions my microphone auto adjusts and mutes it self, I got a razer kraken 7.1 v2, I don't know the cause for that so I request help, I turned off the auto gain control in the apps (discord, teams, skype) in the sound settings I unchecked the let apps gain...
  10. Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound: Hi, A couple weeks ago something happened I don't know what that altered my audio settings. When using my bluetooth headphones with a built in mic, whenever I entered a chat with anyone, other audio would mute. For example, I'm listening to music or watching Youtube and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not turn off mute button for microphone for hp envy