Windows 10: Microphone Mutes Itself

Discus and support Microphone Mutes Itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is a new Dell laptop with Win10 and Skype installed. I do not always have access to it - trying to fix it for someone who keeps it at their house... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leegold, Mar 6, 2017.

1. leegold Win User

Microphone Mutes Itself

There is a new Dell laptop with Win10 and Skype installed. I do not always have access to it - trying to fix it for someone who keeps it at their house - I get access to it occasionally.

Problem: The microphone keeps muting itself. Reset it and it's OK for a while, then mutes. So far I cannot figure out why. I've done malware scans. The users regularly uses Skype.

I anyone has some possible ideas I would be grateful.

:)

leegold, Mar 6, 2017

2. Constant Muting Internal Microphone

How do I fix the internal microphone that keeps muting itself?

TerriEstes, Mar 6, 2017
  3. jcwjr Win User
    How do you un-mute the microphone in windows 10?

When I un-mute the microphone on my laptop, it works for about 15 seconds then re-mutes itself. How can I make it stay on?

jcwjr, Mar 6, 2017
  4. Microphone Mutes Itself

Hi leegold

I read several post with your problem. Not challenging you. What did you scan with and did you scan in Safe Mode?

Also found this suggestion.
    Right click on the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
    Go to go Hardware and Sound and click on Sound
    Click on the Recording tab
    Double click on your microphone device to open the Properties.
    Go to Advanced tab, uncheck the “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” box, and click Apply > Ok button

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 6, 2017
Thema:

Microphone Mutes Itself

1. Microphone Mutes Itself - Similar Threads - Microphone Mutes Itself

2. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help: I have attempted every troubleshooting method I can find multiple times and have found no solution. I've tried to update drivers, ended svc.hosts, ran multiple malware detection programs none of which found anything, changed advanced microphone settings as instructed,...
  3. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help: I have attempted every troubleshooting method I can find multiple times and have found no solution. I've tried to update drivers, ended svc.hosts, ran multiple malware detection programs none of which found anything, changed advanced microphone settings as instructed,...
  4. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone keeps muting itself

Microphone keeps muting itself: As you can see in the above image, a specific device has its microphone muted. This happens irregularly and automatically. I have no programs that I know of that would affect my sound settings like this. Can anyone help?...
  6. Muted Microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Muted Microphone: My microphone is muted and I do not know how to unmute it. All of my drivers are updated, all of my security permissions are set that it can be accessed and my microphone is active. When I run Troubleshooter, it says my microphone is muted, but doesn't provide a reason...
  7. Microphone muted

Microphone muted: Don't matter how many times I have restarted my computer, I have reset it also. I can not unmute the mic in the microphone settings. I have spent hours looking at ways to fix it but it doesn't seem like many others have had the same problem. I have sat here and clicked it a...
  8. Microphone keeps un-muting itself

Microphone keeps un-muting itself: I keep a microphone on my desk, plugged into the 1/8" jack on the back of my Dell tower. Every day I mute it, because it picks up ambient noise and repeats it through my headphones while I'm listening to music/et.c at work. Every time I come back to it, watching a video,...
  9. microphone mutes itself

microphone mutes itself: When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans....
  10. muting microphone

muting microphone: why does my microphone keep muting itself after every restart? [img] 4293

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone muted

2. 0xa00f429d microphone muted

3. microphone muted at desktop error message

4. microphone muted 0xa00f429d,
  5. volume keeps muting,
  6. camera app microphone muted,
  7. microsoft video error 0xA00F429D,
  8. mircophone muted error on windows 10 camera on laptop,
  9. error code 0xa00f429d microphone muted,
  10. mic muted in windows