Windows 10: Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord

Discus and support Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I recently built a new PC using all new parts except for my Graphics card, HDD, and Power supply which I was slowly upgrading beforehand but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brandon9507, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord

Hello.

I recently built a new PC using all new parts except for my Graphics card, HDD, and Power supply which I was slowly upgrading beforehand but as soon as I finished the build and went to use my headset's mic, it is not being detected by my computer. I have since replaced my headset with a new one that uses USB instead of the aux ports but it still isn't working. I managed to somehow get my mic to work fine on Discord, but whenever I go into the sound settings and test my mic, the test barely fills up a 10th of the way.

It's clear that the mic is being picked up, but I have tried changing all of the levels and sensitivities that I can but it still isn't working. If anyone has any advice that isn't "Make sure it is your default device" or "change the levels" it would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to try anything at this point, no matter how weird or unorthodox the solution may be.

Thanks

:)

Brandon9507, Mar 28, 2020

2. Microphone only works on Discord.

My microphone only works on discord.

Its at default in the recording settings.

Help

kristiandiez, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Elixed Win User
    3rd party applications not detecting microphone.

Hello,

I recently did a full reset of my PC and my microphone stopped detecting any sound on 3rd party applications like browsers or Discord. When I try to record anything, silence is recorded. However it works perfectly fine on all native Windows apps and surprisingly
    League of Legends voice chat. Before the reset, everything worked perfectly on all applications. I have only one microphone device enabled (Realtek High Definition Audio) and it's my built-in microphone of my laptop. I've tried everything i found on the internet
    but nothing seems to work.

• I updated microphone drivers.
    • I allowed apps to access my microphone (in microphone privacy settings)
    • I installed all windows updates
    • I disabled all sound effects on the device.
    Is there anything else I could try?

Elixed, Mar 28, 2020
  4. makesense Win User

Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord

1. Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord - Similar Threads - Microphone being detected

2. Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected: Hello. I'm running windows 10 and using a USB bluetooth dongle. I have two different bluetooth headphones that have a built in microphone and am trying to use either one of them as a mic to chat with, but despite everything appearing to be enabled and it saying that it is...
  3. Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected: Hello. I'm running windows 10 and using a USB bluetooth dongle. I have two different bluetooth headphones that have a built in microphone and am trying to use either one of them as a mic to chat with, but despite everything appearing to be enabled and it saying that it is...
  4. Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Discord isn't Detecting my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord isn't Detecting my microphone: Discord isn't Detecting my microphone and when i go to the Settings, Privacy, Microphone and go to which apps can use my microphone discord isnt there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-isnt-detecting-my-microphone/fe0e52a8-365b-4978-b1f8-e1420957e4aa
  6. Discord isn't Detecting my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord isn't Detecting my microphone: Discord isn't Detecting my microphone and when i go to the Settings, Privacy, Microphone and go to which apps can use my microphone discord isnt there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-isnt-detecting-my-microphone/fe0e52a8-365b-4978-b1f8-e1420957e4aa
  7. Discord is being detected as PUA:Win32/Presenoker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Discord is being detected as PUA:Win32/Presenoker: Everytime i open discord i gets this virus saying something about PUA:Win32/Presenoker. So i removed it with Windows Security, i closed discord. Reopened it and i got it again and i need help trying to remove, because everytime i do it comes back, and this app "discord" i use...
  8. Microphone not being detected

Microphone not being detected: I've had my laptop acer swift SF114-32 for about four months now and have been having an issue with setting up my microphone. For some reason, no matter what I do, it will not recognize any microphone I plug into the aux-port. I've tried going into device manager, but it...
  9. My microphone is not being detected on my computer

My microphone is not being detected on my computer: My headset Corsair HS30 Raptor is not being detected on my computer. To connect my headset to my computer, I have a splitter that connects to the green and red jacks on the back of my computer. On the front, I have a front panel jack which should play out of my speakers. This...
  10. My headset microphone is not being detected

My headset microphone is not being detected: 1 year ago I bought a HyperX Cloud headset. Everything worked pretty well on my Laptop, until I built a new PC this year. The front panel has one headphone and one microphone jack, but the headset has only one plug for both the microphone that comes with it and the audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mic not being detected when on discord

2. how do you solve discord saying Well it looks like discord is not detecting any input from your mic