Windows 10: Microphone not being detected on Windows 10

Discus and support Microphone not being detected on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone! How are you all? I just wanted to ask does anyone know how to fix my issue. I currently own a MacBook Air 2018 with Windows 10 (Latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zain_ZK, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Microphone not being detected on Windows 10

Hey everyone! How are you all? I just wanted to ask does anyone know how to fix my issue. I currently own a MacBook Air 2018 with Windows 10 (Latest Version) bootcamped on to it. For some reason, despite the fact that my headphones are working fine on the macOS side of my laptop, on Windows 10 it doesn’t even detect that I’ve plugged headphones in. The headphones are fine and when I do plug them in I hear that static noise when you plug any headphone in showing that it’s plugged in yet it does not get detected? Any help would be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/Zain_ZK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zain_ZK, Apr 2, 2020

2. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Microphone not being detected on Windows 10

my condensor microphone is not being detected by windows 10

Hi,

To clarify the issue, have you checked the compatibility of the microphone to Windows 10? You can check if the microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not by following these steps:

• Go to Search bar.
    • Type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Check if microphone driver is available.

We also suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are software conflicts that can cause the issue.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to reply on this post.

Anne Ros, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not being detected on Windows 10

1. Microphone not being detected on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone being detected

2. Headset microphone is not being detected by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone is not being detected by Windows 11: I have a Logitech G335 headset with a built-in microphone. The headset is connected to the only headset port on my laptop Predator Helios 300 - PH317-54, Windows 11, which, next to it, has a symbol of a headset with a microphone clearly visible. The headphones are detected,...
  3. Microphone not being detected on windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not being detected on windows.: Recently I woke up, plugged in my microphone and it didn't work. So I thought it was just an issue with the computer so I restarted it and that still didn't work, so I decided to reinstall my drivers, go back to the last version, redownloaded windows and I just gave up....
  4. Microphone not being detected on windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not being detected on windows.: Recently I woke up, plugged in my microphone and it didn't work. So I thought it was just an issue with the computer so I restarted it and that still didn't work, so I decided to reinstall my drivers, go back to the last version, redownloaded windows and I just gave up....
  5. Microphone not being detected on windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microphone not being detected

Microphone not being detected: I've had my laptop acer swift SF114-32 for about four months now and have been having an issue with setting up my microphone. For some reason, no matter what I do, it will not recognize any microphone I plug into the aux-port. I've tried going into device manager, but it...
  7. Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up

Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up: So I have been having issues with new computer trying to get my microphone sorted. I have a Turtle Beach wired headset and have an audio splitter connecting it to my desktop. I first tried the front panel connectors and then tried the audio panel on the motherboard at the...
  8. Headset microphone not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not being detected: I got a headset that has a detachable microphone in it. When I plug it in my laptop recognizes the headphones but not the microphone. Under input devices the only one is the low quality built in microphone that’s right next to the fan while not recognizing the headset...
  9. Headset with microphone not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset with microphone not being detected: Specs: Dell OptiPlex 5060 Windows 10 Black 3.5mm jack on front panel Green audio out jack on back panel I just bought a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset to use with my work computer (will also be using it for PS4). When plugged into the front jack, Windows does not recognize...
  10. Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected: Recently, I tried using my microphone, yet found it wasn't working despite using it only a few weeks prior. I went through a few settings and found out that my microphone is apparently (which is set to default by the way) not plugged, however it definitely is as I can see it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not sensing phone headset mic