Windows 10: Microphone not being recognized in anything but the cortana setup

Discus and support Microphone not being recognized in anything but the cortana setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a very annoying issue with my microphone, i have already used it in the past and it worked but somehow now it doesnt anymore. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Slenderguy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Microphone not being recognized in anything but the cortana setup

Hello,

I am having a very annoying issue with my microphone, i have already used it in the past and it worked but somehow now it doesnt anymore. I have already checked if it is muted, it doesnt require any kind of driver as far as i know and when i go into the audio settings, the audio bar isnt moving a bit when i test it. However when i start the cortana setup and it gives me a sentence to say it gets the input. Another issue is, it does work on another profile on the same computer. The profile i am trying to use it on is not an administrator so i cant change the settings in wich the permissions to apps are. But on the administrator profile they are all turned on as i need them.

Sorry that this is so long and if it has spelling errors but i could really use some help.

:)

Slenderguy, Apr 1, 2020

2. Cortana does not recognize the microphone

Original title:- Cortana not working.

When trying to start Cortana, it did not recognize a microphone and therefore would not load. After hooking up external microphone, still cannot get cortana to work. Any suggestions?

GTMiller2203, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Cortana does not recognize my ATR-4750 microphone

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

1. Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

2. Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.

Step 2.

Check your microphone’s drivers

1. Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select Update Driver Software.

4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be prompted to restart your computer to install
    the driver.

Step 3.

Manually turn up the mic gain

1. Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.

2. Select the Recording tab.

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select Properties.

4. Select the Levels tab.

Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click Apply.

Note:For reference please refer the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with any issues with windows.

We will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Microphone not being recognized in anything but the cortana setup

Cortana does not recognize the microphone

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.
    Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

2. Did you install the audio driver from the manufacturer website?

3. Did you make any changes to your computer's sound settings prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

1. Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

2. Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.

Step 2.

Check your microphone’s drivers

1. Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
    Update Driver Software.

4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.

Step 3.

Manually turn up the mic gain

1. Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.

2. Select the Recording tab.

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
    Properties.

4. Select the Levels tab.

Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click Apply.

Note: For reference please refer the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not being recognized in anything but the cortana setup

1. Microphone not being recognized in anything but the cortana setup - Similar Threads - Microphone being recognized

2. Microphone Permissions not being recognized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Permissions not being recognized?: Hello,A few days ago my computer stopped recognizing my permission for apps and websites to use my microphone headset. The audio is working perfectly, and I can hear through my headset as normal, however, when I attempt to join a video call or other website/app that requires...
  3. microphone not showing and not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone not showing and not being recognized: i have have raycon gaming headphones, i was having issues with them so i "forgot" them and reconnected them now the sound is working but the built in mic is not being recognized nor picked up by OBS...
  4. microphone not showing and not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone not showing and not being recognized: i have have raycon gaming headphones, i was having issues with them so i "forgot" them and reconnected them now the sound is working but the built in mic is not being recognized nor picked up by OBS...
  5. Microphone not being recognized by Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not being recognized by Windows: My microphone was working perfectly until 2 days ago when it randomly stopped being recognized by my PC. It's not in hidden devices in device manager and not in control panel and I cannot use it, however the light for the mic is still on and others have had this issue. Is...
  6. USB Microphone is not being recognized

USB Microphone is not being recognized: I have a usb microphone, and when I plug it in, my computer make the noise that windows makes when a new device is plugged in. But when I go to select it as my audio device, it does not show up in the input options. Furthermore, It also does not show up on device manager when...
  7. Headset microphone not being recognized

Headset microphone not being recognized: I have used this headset with the laptop before, and I have used both the mic and the headphones with it. However, I just went to use it again after some time, and my laptop doesn't recognize the mic with it. The sound still goes through the headphones, and it registers it as...
  8. Microphone not being recognized by computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not being recognized by computer: Ok I have a headset with a singular 3.5mm jack at the end. It came with a 1-2 spliter so i can plug in my microphone and audio however, the microphone isnt recognised at all Ive plugged the singular jack into a mobile device and the microphone worked I have no clue why this...
  9. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...
  10. Microphone Not Being Properly Recognized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Not Being Properly Recognized: Recently, the popup that allows you to pick what device you've plugged into the audio jack has stopped showing up. How do I re-enable this? It knows that something is plugged in because i can hear the audio through my headset, however it seems to think that im just using...