Windows 10: Microphone not connected

Discus and support Microphone not connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My microphone does not connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-connected/1016585b-cd5d-4d5b-8ac3-b1bcd601aafc Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimLeague1, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Microphone not connected

My microphone does not connect.

:)

JimLeague1, Jun 28, 2020

2. Microphone connection

Hi,

Regarding your query with your microphone connection, we suggest to answer the following questions below:

• What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • What is the specs of your microphone?

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone not connected

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not connected

1. Microphone not connected - Similar Threads - Microphone connected

2. Beats Studio Pro can only connect Audio to Windows 11 PC. The microphone is only recognized...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beats Studio Pro can only connect Audio to Windows 11 PC. The microphone is only recognized...: Beats Studio Pro can only connect 'Audio' to Windows 11 PC. The microphone/headset is only recognized when plugged in via USB C. Is there a way to have both audio and voice connected wirelessly via bluetooth?The whole point of wireless headphones/headset is to not have to use...
  3. Beats Studio Pro can only connect Audio to Windows 11 PC. The microphone is only recognized...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beats Studio Pro can only connect Audio to Windows 11 PC. The microphone is only recognized...: Beats Studio Pro can only connect 'Audio' to Windows 11 PC. The microphone/headset is only recognized when plugged in via USB C. Is there a way to have both audio and voice connected wirelessly via bluetooth?The whole point of wireless headphones/headset is to not have to use...
  4. How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.: So I just got a desktop microphone that I won at dave&busters, but when I try to plug it in it says it's an output headphone instead of an input microphone. The Microphone is used by plugging in a 3.55MM audio jack into my computer....
  5. How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.

How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.: So I just got a desktop microphone that I won at dave&busters, but when I try to plug it in it says it's an output headphone instead of an input microphone. The Microphone is used by plugging in a 3.55MM audio jack into my computer....
  6. Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?: I've had this problem for a while. No headset or earbud microphone will work. I've only gotten a camera microphone to connect to it. I know the microphone works, and as of trying to connect it again, I'm using AirPods Pro 2nd Gen. I don't even see the choice for Airpods...
  7. Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?

Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?: I've had this problem for a while. No headset or earbud microphone will work. I've only gotten a camera microphone to connect to it. I know the microphone works, and as of trying to connect it again, I'm using AirPods Pro 2nd Gen. I don't even see the choice for Airpods...
  8. Microphone not connecting to bluetooth headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not connecting to bluetooth headset.: I'm trying to connect my headset with the mic, but somehow it only displays "connected audio" instead of "connected mic, audio" which it normally does. I tried with another headset, and the mic worked. How do I fix this?...
  9. Microphone not connecting to bluetooth headset.

Microphone not connecting to bluetooth headset.: I'm trying to connect my headset with the mic, but somehow it only displays "connected audio" instead of "connected mic, audio" which it normally does. I tried with another headset, and the mic worked. How do I fix this?...
  10. hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't...

hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't...: hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't work, it works as a speaker only, i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-everybody-i-just-got-i-new-pc-but-when-i/32a73610-77f4-4bf3-a7a9-8b9de3582a3f