Windows 10: Microphone not displayed in Device Manager

Discus and support Microphone not displayed in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite C660 which runs Windows 10 and my microphone has disappeared from the Device Manager. I tried downloading the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by diane, Oct 17, 2020.

1. diane Win User

Microphone not displayed in Device Manager

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite C660 which runs Windows 10 and my microphone has disappeared from the Device Manager. I tried downloading the audio driver from the Toshiba website. Unfortunately my laptop model is not listed. I also tried the solutions listed on that thread but none of them worked either.

Is there any solution to retrieve the microphone? Could the issue be due to the fact that my laptop model is not compatible with Windows 10 in which case I should go back to Windows 7?

Thank you,

Diane

:)

diane, Oct 17, 2020

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone not displayed in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Microphone displayed Device

2. No microphone driver in device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphone driver in device manager?: I uninstalled my audio from the device manager, so I reinstalled it through the Realtek website version 2.82. I have an HP EliteBook 840 G7. Under audio output/ inputs in the device manager, my internal microphone is now missing microphone array. I assumed the internal...
  3. No microphone driver in device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No microphone driver in device manager?: I uninstalled my audio from the device manager, so I reinstalled it through the Realtek website version 2.82. I have an HP EliteBook 840 G7. Under audio output/ inputs in the device manager, my internal microphone is now missing microphone array. I assumed the internal...
  4. Device manager and Display drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Device manager and Display drivers: I have 3 monitors. 2 Samsung 27" and an LG 22, but only the LG is listed in device manger. Even though I have the Samsung drivers installed, Windows 10 Pro identifies them as standard PnP. How can I change this? 179002
  5. Device manager and Display drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager and Display drivers: I have 3 monitors. 2 Samsung 27" and an LG 22, but only the LG is listed in device manger. Even though I have the Samsung drivers installed, Windows 10 Pro identifies them as standard PnP. How can I change this? 179002
  6. display adapter in device manager

display adapter in device manager: my pc have no graphics card except the cpu integrated graphics and its working fine before but the next following day when I opened my pc its a dead blue and no signal on my monitor. I done everything and reset bios by removing cmos battery still same. So I decided to fix...
  7. Display adapter not detected in device manager

Display adapter not detected in device manager: My nvidia graphics adapter is not found under "display adapter" in the device manager even when it shows hidden devices. Scan for hardware changes doesnt work and I cannot install any new drivers as the card is not detected so the installer shows an error....
  8. Device Manager Display

Device Manager Display: The Device Manager in my Windows 10 Pro displays 21 entries for my printer as follows: [ATTACH] This is not the only device that has multi-entries. Is this normal? If not normal. please let me know how to fix it. BillyS8...
  9. device manager display adapter issue

device manager display adapter issue: When I run "device manager", for the "display adapter" tab for my nvidia card there is an "x" but when I click "properties" the message reads "this device is working properly". Trying to update drivers the message "you have the latest drivers" appears. , If everything is OK...
  10. Disappearing of Display Driver in Device Manager.

Disappearing of Display Driver in Device Manager.: My system info- OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.17763 N/A Build 17763 OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free...