Windows 10: Microphone Not Found in Whatsapp running Windows 10

Discus and support Microphone Not Found in Whatsapp running Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get the error "Microphone Not Found" when trying to record messages in Whatsapp windows app. The microphone is working fine according to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WinUserette, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Microphone Not Found in Whatsapp running Windows 10

I get the error "Microphone Not Found" when trying to record messages in Whatsapp windows app. The microphone is working fine according to the troubleshooter and Whatsapp is not shown in the privacy settings where I can allow apps to access the microphone. How can I enable whatsapp to access the microphone?

:)

WinUserette, Oct 17, 2018

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Conexant SmartAudio HD Microphone is quiet

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is Enabled

• Type Sound in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • In Recording Tab make sure that the Microphone is Enabled.
    Method 2: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware troubleshooter
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us if you have any further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone Not Found in Whatsapp running Windows 10

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Microphone Not Found in Whatsapp running Windows 10

1. Microphone Not Found in Whatsapp running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone Found Whatsapp

2. Microphone issue not-working/unavailable for Whatsapp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone issue not-working/unavailable for Whatsapp: Hello! Mircosoft TeamFor a couple of months, I noticed that my Whatsapp Microphone isn't working on my PC Windows 11 and Yes, I worked out all available solutions from Forums and other mediums to resolve it. Uninstall the AppRepair and Reset the AppEnable microphone on...
  3. Microphone issue not-working/unavailable for Whatsapp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone issue not-working/unavailable for Whatsapp: Hello! Mircosoft TeamFor a couple of months, I noticed that my Whatsapp Microphone isn't working on my PC Windows 11 and Yes, I worked out all available solutions from Forums and other mediums to resolve it. Uninstall the AppRepair and Reset the AppEnable microphone on...
  4. WhatsApp constantly running in background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp constantly running in background?: Hi,I have installed WhatsApp on my Windows 10 computer, but the program is disabled in Startup Apps, yet when Windows initiates I still get notifications. This happens despite Task Manager not showing the WhatsApp program being active it's not in the list and I haven't...
  5. WhatsApp constantly running in background?

WhatsApp constantly running in background?: Hi,I have installed WhatsApp on my Windows 10 computer, but the program is disabled in Startup Apps, yet when Windows initiates I still get notifications. This happens despite Task Manager not showing the WhatsApp program being active it's not in the list and I haven't...
  6. Headset Microphone not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone not found: I have bought an Asto A10 headset and have plugged it in. The sound quality is great and enjoying the headset - however, when playing with friends using a different microphone, they say they can hear my keyboard and I think using the mic on the headset would make this...
  7. Headset Microphone not found

Headset Microphone not found: I have bought an Asto A10 headset and have plugged it in. The sound quality is great and enjoying the headset - however, when playing with friends using a different microphone, they say they can hear my keyboard and I think using the mic on the headset would make this...
  8. Whatsapp not launching, gives error "ffempeg.dll not found"

Whatsapp not launching, gives error "ffempeg.dll not found": Whenever I try to launch whatsapp from the desktop icon or start menu, it gives an error message, a screenshot of which I have attached.I have uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp, but the same thing is happening. Please help!!...
  9. Microphone input not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input not found: Hello, My name is Dan and i have a microphone problem on my Dell xps 9570. running Windows 10 My microphone setting is turned On , - i installed all the audio drivers necessary, - the setting to allow apps to use my microphone is On, - I updated the sound drivers in...
  10. Microphone driver not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone driver not found: I have updated my laptop to Windows 10 but after the update, i cant find any microphone driver and of cos, microphone doesnt work. My laptop model is Asus UX303LNB. I am certain that my laptop has a built in microphone......