Windows 10: Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

Discus and support Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by a user that needs help, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!

:)

a user that needs help, Oct 25, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Tjs77 Win User
    microphone stopped being recognised by Windows 10 - worked perfectly for two years

My microphone stopped working. Windows 10 just doesn't recognise it if I plug it in or disconnect it. It was working perfectly a few hours ago and nothing has changed. Any suggestions? If I right click on the speaker icon, go to Recording Devices its not
    listed. And if I disconnect it by USB and reconnect it, it doesn't show any activity in the window relating to it. Any suggestions?

Tjs77, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

1. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything - Similar Threads - Microphone getting recognised

2. Why did everything get wiped suddenly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did everything get wiped suddenly?: I tried to log into my Windows 10 PC after I came home. I turned it on this morning and it worked well like it always does. When I turned it on after I came home, it said it had trouble signing into my account, and when I put in my PIN, almost all the files I had were wiped...
  3. Why did everything get wiped suddenly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did everything get wiped suddenly?: I tried to log into my Windows 10 PC after I came home. I turned it on this morning and it worked well like it always does. When I turned it on after I came home, it said it had trouble signing into my account, and when I put in my PIN, almost all the files I had were wiped...
  4. Why did everything get wiped suddenly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  6. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  7. User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything): I've tried (nearly) every solution but nothing really worked... So decided to reinstall my system since it's a new laptop But I'm wondering what I did wrong in the first place and how I can circumvent this issue from happening again? PS: I'm not really technically inclined...
  8. Tried everything in another post. Did not work.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Tried everything in another post. Did not work.: My PC is giving me the you have been signed into a temporary profile bullshit every time i log in with password. It proceeds to then always do this no matter how much I try to fix it. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10 that is the forum that I...
  9. Tried everything to get network discovery on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tried everything to get network discovery on.: Hello everyone, So today I thought it was a great idea to uninstall Norton security from my laptop. However, i didnt know the consequences of doing so. After restarting my laptop bevaude i uninstalled norton, all the network and internet settings has been changed. I tried...
  10. Tried everything and still getting BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tried everything and still getting BSODs: Hello Everyone, I have recently bought some hardware and put together a PC. But for some reason it keeps crashing even after I replaced almost everything! Power supply 600W Aerocool KCAS (NOT replaced) EVGA GTX 1070 (replaced with PNY GTX 960) 16GB DDR4 2400MHz - Nanya...