Windows 10: Microphone not picking up audio

Discus and support Microphone not picking up audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisBower3, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Microphone not picking up audio

Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation:

My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings.

I have done literally everything from checking if the microphone was disabled, to uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers.

I would really appreciate some input on this situation I am going through because I cannot seem to figure this problem out on my own.

My apologies ahead of time in case I do not respond right away.

Kind regards,

Chris

:)

ChrisBower3, Jan 16, 2020

2. Microphone picks up headphone audio.

Hi,

A microphone is a sound receiver device that can record sounds and convert it to an audio file. To help us identify your concerns with your microphone, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the exact brand and model of your microphone?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver and press
      Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Did you use this microphone normally before? If yes, can you tell us if this was working properly?
    • Have you already contacted your manufacturer of your microphone for troubleshooting instructions?
    • Can you check if the device was installed properly in the Device Manager? To check it, follow these steps:
    1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click Device Manager.

3. Expand Sound, Video and game controllers.

4. Check if the devices under it have a yellow exclamation mark.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 to know how to reinstall your microphone on your
    PC.

We are looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Microphone not picking up audio

Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only picks up audio coming out through the headphones.

(EDIT): My microphone can now pick up my voice, but it still picks up sounds from my computer. Any way to fix this this?

robloxfunny, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not picking up audio

1. Microphone not picking up audio - Similar Threads - Microphone picking audio

2. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I have Windows 11 and my microphone pick up my audio ; I tried the following : -Press Windows key + X-Go to Settings-Click Update and Security-Click Troubleshooter then Additional troubleshooter.-Look for Speech and run the troubleshooter.-Press Windows key + X-Go to Device...
  3. Microphone picking up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up desktop audio: so when i try and use a wired headset into my audio jack the desktop audio as well as my voice is registered HELP ME!! i have tried everything i clean reinstalled win 10 and 11 but nothing seemed to have resolver the issue i tried re downloading the drivers but still no luck...
  4. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  5. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  6. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone suddenly not picking up audio

Microphone suddenly not picking up audio: Hello,My microphone suddenly hasn't been picking up audio. I use a Bluestone headset and haven't had problems until recently. I'm in Zoom classes and such but I cannot find a solution that works. I've tried troubleshooting, setting up the mic which also doesn't detect me, big...
  8. Microphone suddenly not picking up audio

Microphone suddenly not picking up audio: Hello,My microphone suddenly hasn't been picking up audio. I use a Bluestone headset and haven't had problems until recently. I'm in Zoom classes and such but I cannot find a solution that works. I've tried troubleshooting, setting up the mic which also doesn't detect me, big...
  9. Microphone picking up PC audio

Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  10. Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio

Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Hi, I am using a headset with microphone and when playing any games online friends have informed me that they can hear my game audio and themselves talking from my microphone. I have also tested to play music and mute the mic, via the physical switch on the headset, and...