Windows 10: Microphone not picking up on the Xbox Companion App

Discus and support Microphone not picking up on the Xbox Companion App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently updated my OS Windows 10 and for some reason it always messes up my sound/mic settings. However within a few minutes I have everything up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CookieX, Apr 7, 2020.

1. CookieX Win User

Microphone not picking up on the Xbox Companion App

Recently updated my OS Windows 10 and for some reason it always messes up my sound/mic settings. However within a few minutes I have everything up to par. Mic works on TeamSpeak, Discord, Skype, etc. Except on the xbox app via windows 10. Sounds settings, checked. Microphone allowed access, checked. Xbox app cache clear, checked. etc. Running low on solutions at this point.

:)

CookieX, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10.

From What's new:

"Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new desktop experience is coming soon!"

Microphone not picking up on the Xbox Companion App [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10.

From What's new:

"Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new desktop experience is coming soon!"

Brink, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Microphone not picking up on the Xbox Companion App

xbox companion app

I can't find the xbox companion app in the market place on my omnia 7. Anyone know why?

aidyhughes, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not picking up on the Xbox Companion App

1. Microphone not picking up on the Xbox Companion App - Similar Threads - Microphone picking Xbox

2. USB Microphone not picked up in XBox Game Bar recordings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone not picked up in XBox Game Bar recordings: I regularly record 30 second clips of gameplay moments on Xbox game bar using Shift+Alt+G, but when I'm using my USB microphone it's not picking up any audio from it....
  3. USB Microphone not picked up in XBox Game Bar recordings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone not picked up in XBox Game Bar recordings: I regularly record 30 second clips of gameplay moments on Xbox game bar using Shift+Alt+G, but when I'm using my USB microphone it's not picking up any audio from it....
  4. Laptop apps not picking up microphone audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop apps not picking up microphone audio: I have recently bought a new laptop and so am trying to get everything working. In my laptop settings it recognises my microphone and shows the input, it shows in the bottom right if an application is using my mic yet in apps such as streamlabs obs and zoom there is no audio...
  5. No Microphone is being picked up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Microphone is being picked up: I have two microphones; one on a Razer headset, the other on an Oculus Rift CV1. I started a Discord call with a buddy and noticed the app wasn't picking up my headset mic. I went to Windows Settings and found that when I tested the mic, Windows didn't pick anything up from...
  6. Xbox companion app

in Cortana
    Xbox companion app: how to open the xbox companion app from search run command? pls i need answers fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app/2da320e6-df16-4ccc-aa25-bf7e57c36ff5
  7. Microphone not working on Xbox companion app

Microphone not working on Xbox companion app: Hello, my microphone is having trouble on the xbox gamebar and companion app. Nobody can hear me, but I can hear everyone. I set my recording device both in the audio settings for the xbox gamebar, and in the sound control panel as the default device for sound and...
  8. Xbox Companion App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App: I'm having an issue with the streaming function. After I downloaded everything I needed and set things up, made sure all the boxes were checked to enable my pc to detect and stream from my xbox one, it worked once. Afterwards, nothing. Nothing I do is making the stream...
  9. Microphone not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...
  10. Xbox Companion App

Xbox Companion App: The Xbox companion app opens then immediately closes with no message. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I am on a brand new computer with all windows updates complete....