Windows 10: Microphone not plugged in (it is)

Discus and support Microphone not plugged in (it is) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Microphone was fine until i decided to clean up my room, after that i plugged it back in and it did not work. My computer said it wasn't plugged it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cydrow, May 15, 2020.

1. Cydrow Win User

Microphone not plugged in (it is)

My Microphone was fine until i decided to clean up my room, after that i plugged it back in and it did not work. My computer said it wasn't plugged it and it is, help would be appreciated

:)

Cydrow, May 15, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Plug in your microphone

Your computer may be having an issue detecting your microphone that is why you're always seeing the notification. We recommend that you disable, and then re-enable your microphone to resolve the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the lower right part of your screen, right-click the speaker or sound icon.
    • Choose Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the list of recording devices, and then make sure that the
      Show disabled devices
      option is checked. If the option is not checked, kindly click it.
    • Right-click on your microphone, and then select Disable.
    • Right-click again on your microphone, and then select Enable.
    • Click OK.
    • Check if you'll encounter the microphone notification again.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, May 15, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Plug in your microphone

Hi Sharon,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your concern. Kindly provide the answers to the questions below:

• When did you start noticing the microphone notification?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the notification?
    • Are you using an external or a built-in microphone?
    • Can you please tell us if you're using an application that requires a microphone?

We highly suggest that you post a screenshot of the notification here for us to further investigate your concern.

Argel Obm, May 15, 2020
  4. Microphone not plugged in (it is)

Microphone "No Plugged in"

Hi Maddie,

The challenge you're experiencing with connecting your microphone to your Windows 10 laptop might be due to a misconfiguration of the audio driver. Some devices require a specific driver from the device manufacturer's support page in order to function correctly.
    That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 laptop?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

For the time being, we suggest running the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. This tool will scan and fix issues detected with your device drivers. Make sure that the microphone is connected before running the tool. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices under
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not plugged in (it is)

1. Microphone not plugged in (it is) - Similar Threads - Microphone plugged

2. Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my earphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my earphones is not working. I attempted to disable the earphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  5. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD error after plugging USB microphone

BSOD error after plugging USB microphone: Hello everyone, recently I bought a microphone. I plugged it into my PC, and suddenly it froze, then a blue screen appeared with the message "DPC Watchdog Violation." I updated my BIOS and drivers, but it still isn't working....
  7. BSOD error after plugging USB microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error after plugging USB microphone: Hello everyone, recently I bought a microphone. I plugged it into my PC, and suddenly it froze, then a blue screen appeared with the message "DPC Watchdog Violation." I updated my BIOS and drivers, but it still isn't working....
  8. When I plug in my Microphone All other audio stuff just shuts off the sound

When I plug in my Microphone All other audio stuff just shuts off the sound: I am pluging in my MicrophoneWhen Plugged in all of my audio methods just stop producing sounds.When Unplugged I can hear from them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-my-microphone-all-other-audio-stuff/e9ff6897-c290-4251-8fb9-626bc356fc98
  9. When I plug in my Microphone All other audio stuff just shuts off the sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I plug in my Microphone All other audio stuff just shuts off the sound: I am pluging in my MicrophoneWhen Plugged in all of my audio methods just stop producing sounds.When Unplugged I can hear from them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-my-microphone-all-other-audio-stuff/e9ff6897-c290-4251-8fb9-626bc356fc98
  10. Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio

Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio: I haven't done any remarkable changes to my laptop but suddenly the laptop's microphone stopped working out of no where. I tried to troubleshoot the problem but recording microphone was not visible under the other troubleshooter part in the system>Troubleshoot>other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone not plugged in fix