Windows 10: Microphone 'Not plugged in'?

Discus and support Microphone 'Not plugged in'? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently updated from windows 8.1 to 10. After the update, I plugged in my headphones where the speakers are perfectly fine (playback device)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by camelthecaby, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Microphone 'Not plugged in'?

I have recently updated from windows 8.1 to 10. After the update, I plugged in my headphones where the speakers are perfectly fine (playback device) but why does the microphone (recording device) say 'not plugged in' when it clearly is? It was perfectly working on windows 8.1 but after updating it just doesn't seem to work (using realtek). I've tried practically most methods and they don't seem to work. Anyone have advice on what to do?

Many Thanks,

:)

camelthecaby, Nov 24, 2017

2. Microphone in headset doesn't work in Windows 10

Original title: Microphone says its not plugged in when it is plugged in to the microphone jack

Hey guys my headset microphone does not work it say its not plugged in when it is plugged in to the jack so I cant use it any help?

AlexO'Halloran, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Microphone is not plugged in

Hi,

To isolate your concern, may we know the make and model of your PC?

Thanks.

Maria Fab, Nov 24, 2017
  4. Microphone 'Not plugged in'?

Hi camelthecaby. Welcome to the TenForums @camelthecaby

Have you open your Realtek Audio manager in the systray (notification) area. Looks like a speaker, nit the windows speaker.

You should see a mic on a stand. The exact setting you have to experiment with.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 27, 2017
Thema:

Microphone 'Not plugged in'?

1. Microphone 'Not plugged in'? - Similar Threads - Microphone 'Not plugged

2. "Microphone Not Plugged In" when it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microphone Not Plugged In" when it is...: Hello,I've recently had a new issue come up on my PC. My headset mic has seized to be detected on my Dell XPS PC Windows 11. I've never had this issue, and I've had the PC for almost a year now, and same with my headset. My microphone is not being detected no matter what,...
  3. "Microphone Not Plugged In" when it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Microphone Not Plugged In" when it is...: Hello,I've recently had a new issue come up on my PC. My headset mic has seized to be detected on my Dell XPS PC Windows 11. I've never had this issue, and I've had the PC for almost a year now, and same with my headset. My microphone is not being detected no matter what,...
  4. plugged in microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    plugged in microphone: Hi I plugged a microphone into my laptop and i can't get any sound to come out of it but when i test it the bar goes all the way up. how can I use my mic to sing kareoke?...
  5. Microphone not plugged in (it is)

Microphone not plugged in (it is): My Microphone was fine until i decided to clean up my room, after that i plugged it back in and it did not work. My computer said it wasn't plugged it and it is, help would be appreciated 156417
  6. Microphone not plugged in.

Microphone not plugged in.: This will only take 6 minutes to read... In sound panel > recording my microphone says: not plugged in. Even though it is plugged in. My microphone will turn on a light when ever it is connected to anything and gets power. My computer will only give sound from the computer...
  7. Microphone not plugged in

Microphone not plugged in: [img] 146569
  8. Microphone Array not plugged in.

Microphone Array not plugged in.: Hi, The Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)) shows that it is not plugged in despite connecting my headphone to the headphone jack. I had updated, roll backed and reinstalled the driver yet it still remains not plugged in. Are there any way to solve...
  9. Microphone showing not plugged in

Microphone showing not plugged in: Hello, I just got a new headset and plugged in both the sound and audio jacks. The audio is working fine however, the microphone is not working at all. When I go to the sound control panel, it shows that my microphone is not plugged in even though it is. Can anyone help? Im...
  10. microphone is not "Plugged in"

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone is not "Plugged in": So up until 3 days ago the microphone in my headphones were working perfectly. But then I updated my computer and now the computer says that my headphones are working which they are but it also says that my microphone is not plugged in which they are because they are in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell built in microphone not plugged in

2. microphone realtek not plugged in

3. checking for a microphone on my windows system it says realtek high difination audio not plugged in

4. why jack mic is showing unpluged,
  5. pc says mic isnt plugged in,
  6. windows 10 built in microphone not plugged in dell laptop,
  7. system says microphone not plugged in but the microphone is built in,
  8. headset mic not plugged in realtek after driver update,
  9. microphone says not plugged in windows 10,
  10. microphone not plugged in fix,
  11. microphone not plugged in windows 10,
  12. microphone plugged in windows 10,
  13. headset with microphone for laptop says its not plugged in,
  14. realtek audio headset mic not plugged in 2 in 1