Windows 10: Microphone not recognised?

Discus and support Microphone not recognised? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I've been looking for a solution to a problem where my laptop doesn't recognise my microphone connected to my headset for quite some time. It's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by humanitea, Dec 19, 2018.

1. humanitea Win User

Microphone not recognised?

Hi I've been looking for a solution to a problem where my laptop doesn't recognise my microphone connected to my headset for quite some time.

It's an external microphone but after messing around for some time even my internal microphone is now not responding to input and I am unsure what to do.
    I work on an Aspire-F5 573 with a Turtle Beach Recon 150 headset just for information. I've been working on the laptop for around 2 years now.
    The problems arose when I downloaded a soundboard tool and replaced the headset's input with the soundboard. The microphone still worked fine when I turned the soundboard off. I eventually uninstalled the soundboard and with that the headset's microphone stopped working too.
    Even before the soundboard was installed the headset was working fine but after the removal of it it relayed back to use my laptop's internal microphone, and now after tweaking the settings even that microphone doesn't respond.

I'm unsure of the specifics let alone what to do, is there anybody that can help?

:)

humanitea, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Tjs77 Win User

microphone stopped being recognised by Windows 10 - worked perfectly for two years

My microphone stopped working. Windows 10 just doesn't recognise it if I plug it in or disconnect it. It was working perfectly a few hours ago and nothing has changed. Any suggestions? If I right click on the speaker icon, go to Recording Devices its not
    listed. And if I disconnect it by USB and reconnect it, it doesn't show any activity in the window relating to it. Any suggestions?

Tjs77, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

Microphone Half Recognised

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with < >.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you check by connecting the Blue Snowball microphone on a different computer?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Microphone settings.

2. Corrupt driver.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run Recording Audio troubleshooter which will find and fix common issue.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

c. In the “Troubleshooting” Window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d. Click on “Recording Audio”.

e. Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

f. Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a.Right-click on the
    volume icon
    and select “Recording devices”.

b. Now, right-click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c. Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the
    microphone is enabled.

f. You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest audio driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Microphone not recognised? - Similar Threads - Microphone recognised

2. my pc wont recognise my headphones microphone and wont recognise my other headphones audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc wont recognise my headphones microphone and wont recognise my other headphones audio...: my pc wont recognise my headphones microphone and wont recognise my other headphones audio but does recognise its microphone like **** is happening...
  3. my pc wont recognise my headphones microphone and wont recognise my other headphones audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc wont recognise my headphones microphone and wont recognise my other headphones audio...: my pc wont recognise my headphones microphone and wont recognise my other headphones audio but does recognise its microphone like **** is happening...
  4. Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone: Hello, I've bought my cousin a new headset with an inbuilt microphone Lenovo G20. This headset has 2 wire's. A usb one, which is for the microphone, and the second one is a 3.5mm jack for the headphones themselves. When I plug the 3.5mm wire into the pc, it recognises it as a...
  5. Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone

Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone: Hello, I've bought my cousin a new headset with an inbuilt microphone Lenovo G20. This headset has 2 wire's. A usb one, which is for the microphone, and the second one is a 3.5mm jack for the headphones themselves. When I plug the 3.5mm wire into the pc, it recognises it as a...
  6. Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External Microphone not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Microphone not recognised: I have been trying to set up an external microphone for my laptop, except it refuses to recognise the device. The basic details are:-Windows 11 Home-Microphone is one that came in the LVLUP 6 in one gaming bundle-Laptop is MSI Katana GF66I have a headset with a microphone...
  8. External Microphone not recognised

External Microphone not recognised: I have been trying to set up an external microphone for my laptop, except it refuses to recognise the device. The basic details are:-Windows 11 Home-Microphone is one that came in the LVLUP 6 in one gaming bundle-Laptop is MSI Katana GF66I have a headset with a microphone...
  9. Microphone is recognised after I enabled it but not functioning on Dell Inspirion 5000...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is recognised after I enabled it but not functioning on Dell Inspirion 5000...: I recently changed my motherboard as my old one was fried and reinstalled windows and everything however my microphone hasn't been working I am not sure why it's recognised as a sound input device before it was not but I saw a guide and enabled it via control centre I've...
  10. Microphone is recognised after I enabled it but not functioning on Dell Inspirion 5000...

Microphone is recognised after I enabled it but not functioning on Dell Inspirion 5000...: I recently changed my motherboard as my old one was fried and reinstalled windows and everything however my microphone hasn't been working I am not sure why it's recognised as a sound input device before it was not but I saw a guide and enabled it via control centre I've...