Windows 10: Microphone not recording whole voice, but working very well with other kind of sounds

Discus and support Microphone not recording whole voice, but working very well with other kind of sounds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to record an audio track with my default microphone integrated to my computer, but when I speak the microphone does not save the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Noé M-F, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Noé M-F Win User

Microphone not recording whole voice, but working very well with other kind of sounds

I'm trying to record an audio track with my default microphone integrated to my computer, but when I speak the microphone does not save the whole sentence. I tried to record a sound, and it works very well.

I hope someone can help me.

:)

Noé M-F, Dec 5, 2020

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 5, 2020
  3. cachenco Win User
    voice recorder microphone

voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone

cachenco, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Microphone not recording whole voice, but working very well with other kind of sounds

Voice Recorder and Movie Maker Recorder Not Working

Hi, I have an Alienware computer with Windows 10 on it. I have already looked through people asking how to fix this kind of problem, but none of the suggestions worked for me. To make sure there is no misunderstanding, here is my problem:

When using Movie Maker, I want to be able to record narration for a project; however, if I click the "Record Narration" button and then record the sound of my voice, the microphone appears to not be working. This is because, when I play the narration in Movie
    Maker, I hear absolutely nothing. Not even static or a weird noise. I just hear silence. I have already checked my volume and have also ran trouble shooting for sound problems. The result of the troubleshoot was "Generic Audio Driver" - this was all the troubleshoot
    was able to tell me. I do not know what this means or how to fix the problem this problem.

I also went to "Recording Devices" under "Sound" in "Control Panel" and found that my Microphone Array was working as intended, but my Microphone was "not plugged in" (although it said my Microphone is also working according to the properties of it). I am
    not sure if I am supposed to have two separate devices called "Microphone" and "Microphone Array," but this is the case with me. There is a green bar next to Microphone Array which goes up and down as I increase or decrease the volume of my voice, so it definitely
    seems to be working. There is also another device called "What U Hear." This device appears to be working according to its properties, but I do not see the green bar fluctuating at all when I change my volume or create noise. I do not know what its function
    is or if it has anything to do with recording my voice.

Skype uses the Microphone Array for video calls perfectly fine (I am able to record them as well), but for some reason Movie Maker does not. This is why I am not certain if the problem stems from my microphone not being plugged in. If Skype can record my
    voice using the Microphone Array, why can't Movie Maker do this as well? Is there a way to make it use the Microphone Array? To check if it is only Movie Maker that has this problem, I checked the "Voice Recorder" program as well. This also did not work. I
    pressed the record button and spoke out loud, yet when I played it back I heard absolutely nothing. Something interesting to note is that, when I played a YouTube video as I was recording on the "Voice Recorder" app, it picked up the noise from the YouTube
    video perfectly fine. It does not, however, pick up any outside noise at all (such as me speaking).

If anyone could suggest solutions to these problems and uncertainties I would be very happy. As I have said, I've already looked over other people's questions who had similar problems, but the proposed solutions either 1) didn't work or 2) I didn't correctly
    understand/perform the proposed solutions and this is why they did not work. A quick summary of what I'd like answered:

1. What did "Generic Audio Driver" mean in the troubleshoot?

2. What is the purpose of Microphone Array and Microphone being two separate devices? Is Microphone Array the built in recording device while "Microphone" merely refers to an external device that can be plugged in? Do I need to plug in a Microphone in order
    to record?

3. Why can I record things perfectly fine on Skype using Microphone Array, but not on other programs like Movie Maker and Voice Recorder? Why does Voice Recorder hear the sound from YouTube videos but not external sounds (such as my voice)?

I am not very good with computers so these questions may or may not be obvious, but thank you for reading and hopefully these questions and problems can be resolved.

MicahGrimes, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not recording whole voice, but working very well with other kind of sounds

1. Microphone not recording whole voice, but working very well with other kind of sounds - Similar Threads - Microphone recording whole

2. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A microphone not recording my voice: I have it enabled in privacy settings, i tried deleting it but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-microphone-not-recording-my-voice/e8535f6f-9028-45eb-908c-6518df3f8aa3
  3. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A microphone not recording my voice: I have it enabled in privacy settings, i tried deleting it but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-microphone-not-recording-my-voice/e8535f6f-9028-45eb-908c-6518df3f8aa3
  4. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microphone is not recording anything but voice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is not recording anything but voice.: Since the latest Windows updates, my computer refuses to record anything except voice: guitar, clicks right next to the microphone, claps, anything. I have tried uninistalling updates, installing more recent ones, but nothing has helped. Earlier today I recorded a track with...
  6. Microphone is not recording anything but voice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is not recording anything but voice.: Since the latest Windows updates, my computer refuses to record anything except voice: guitar, clicks right next to the microphone, claps, anything. I have tried uninistalling updates, installing more recent ones, but nothing has helped. Earlier today I recorded a track with...
  7. Voice recorder records my voice but not the other person

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice recorder records my voice but not the other person: Voice recorder records my voice but not the other person. It was working before, but after I update a few months back it stopped recording the person on the other line. I tried some troubleshooting steps that I found here and that did not solve the issue. Thank you!...
  8. Microphone is not recording voice

Microphone is not recording voice: I have a problem with headphones. Yesterday my PC froze and I had to perform hard shutdown. The next day I was trying to speak with my friends through Discord but the mic stopped hearing my voice. Instead it started recording PC sound. Can you help me?...
  9. voice recorder microphone

voice recorder microphone: voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-microphone/1ff40f41-7afb-4ea8-a80c-841077ec7860
  10. My Microphone record normal voice as VERY low voice but record high voice correctly....

My Microphone record normal voice as VERY low voice but record high voice correctly....: The title says it all. I don't know what happened, but my microphone doesn't record the normal voice volume, when i increase my high voice, it record it as high voice. please take see this record, recorded with audacity. I don't know what happened. Please help me fix, in...