Windows 10: Microphone not working after disk format

Discus and support Microphone not working after disk format in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My girlfriend had to format her disk and install windows 10 again. After that her microphone stopped working. In control panel it shows that the mic is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Delirium__, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Microphone not working after disk format

My girlfriend had to format her disk and install windows 10 again. After that her microphone stopped working. In control panel it shows that the mic is receiving her voice, but it doesnt do anything. Discord shows that she isnt speaking at all. I can ask for additional info if needed.

:)

Delirium__, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Microphone not working after disk format

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Microphone not working after disk format

1. Microphone not working after disk format - Similar Threads - Microphone working disk

2. White lines after disk formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White lines after disk formatting: Hey there,I got this screen on my DellN4050. After trying to sell the hdd from this laptop I performed a super cleaning process to the disk but decided to keep it for me, tried to run a clean copy of Windows here. Also tried Win 7 it came with it, then Win10 even 3 different...
  3. White lines after disk formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White lines after disk formatting: Hey there,I got this screen on my DellN4050. After trying to sell the hdd from this laptop I performed a super cleaning process to the disk but decided to keep it for me, tried to run a clean copy of Windows here. Also tried Win 7 it came with it, then Win10 even 3 different...
  4. White lines after disk formatting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microphone not working after disk format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after disk format: My girlfriend had to format her disk and install windows 10 again. After that her microphone stopped working. In control panel it shows that the mic is receiving her voice, but it doesnt do anything. Discord shows that she isnt speaking at all. I can ask for additional info...
  6. Microphone not working after disk format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working after disk format: My girlfriend had to format her disk and install windows 10 again. After that her microphone stopped working. In control panel it shows that the mic is receiving her voice, but it doesnt do anything. Discord shows that she isnt speaking at all. I can ask for additional info...
  7. Microphone default format?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone default format?: Not sure if I'm in the right sub for this but it is a Windows setting In my mic sound settings (Blue Snowball iCE microphone), default format is set to 16 bit, 44100hz (CD quality). It can go up to 16bit 48k hz DVD quality, is there any reason why I shouldn't change the...
  8. disk format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk format: disk default format on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-format/e7bc66a4-5d63-4dc7-b550-44aee6cb79fe
  9. Input Microphone doesn't work, after check disk.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Input Microphone doesn't work, after check disk.: Hello, i couldnt find anything which would help me... I have the problem, that since yday, after the check disk i did, I cant use any input as a mic to speak, without my audio to crash. I tried the trouble shooting, which also didnt work. It says, it cant find the...
  10. Formatting a Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Disk: I have installed a new 1 TB Hard Drive in my Dell Vostro 230 Desktop computer. I went to format it for first use but I wouldn't format because it is listed as a "System Disk" I cannot save anything to it, I tried to format it using DISKPART in the command prompt as an...