Windows 10: Microphone not working after recently updating

Discus and support Microphone not working after recently updating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Updated laptop today, and up until now everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone now won't work. I've double checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KB___, Oct 8, 2020.

1. KB___ Win User

Microphone not working after recently updating

Updated laptop today, and up until now everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone now won't work. I've double checked the drivers for both my headphones and the microphone on the laptop itself which i have been using with no issues until today and both of them seem to be updated. Also troubleshooted any microphone related setting i can find, and it tells me there are no issues, which is obviously not correct.

I know it's not the microphone itself nor the headphones, since again there was no issues until the most recent update I put onto the laptop.

:)

KB___, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 8, 2020
  3. internal microphone not working since updates

In order to effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to confirm what are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve the microphone issue?

Since the microphone driver is up to date, we would suggest that you reinstall it to rule out issues related to corrupted driver installation after the recent the
    Windows Update. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow to expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Right-click on the microphone driver and select Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall.
    • Press OK.
    • Restart the device to reinstall a native driver.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone not working after recently updating - Similar Threads - Microphone working recently

2. Microphone not working after the Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after the Windows update: After the latest windows update, I lost the access to Microphone. No input device found for microphone and as a result I cannot use it for Teams. My laptop was upgraded to Windows 11 pro from Windows 10 pro. After having this issue was reported to Microsoft, the customer rep...
  3. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone does not work after a recent update: My PC updated today, and so far everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone will not work now. I know it is not the microphone itself or the headphones, as again there were no problems until the most recent update I put on the PC....
  4. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone does not work after a recent update: My PC updated today, and so far everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone will not work now. I know it is not the microphone itself or the headphones, as again there were no problems until the most recent update I put on the PC....
  5. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Microphone Not Working After Windows Update

Microphone Not Working After Windows Update: I am using an HP Spectre 15". This issue happened a while ago, but now I need to use my microphone. This is an issue that occurs with every microphone I try to use, both internal and external. The microphone clearly works, as if I go into the settings and make noise, it shows...
  7. Microphone is not working after recent update

Microphone is not working after recent update: I am running Windows 10 version 1909 64-bit on an ASUS TP501UA. I believe my audio driver used to be Realtek or possibly Synaptics. After a recent update, my computer downloaded a driver from Conexant which seems to have taken over for my audio. This problem started at the...
  8. Microphone not working after latest update

Microphone not working after latest update: Hi, My internal microphone is no longer working after the latest update my computer updated four days ago, before then it was working. For some reason, I cannot uninstall those updates, despite them breaking the microphone. I've tried everything from resetting Services to...
  9. Keyboard not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working after recent update: My keyboard is not working after the recent update especially when you type a password in a WIFI or in type a word in a search box. Other than that everything is fine. It works in Office Application....
  10. Microphone Not working in Word or Zoom After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microphone Not working in Word or Zoom After Recent Update: After the recent update my microphone isn't working in Zoom or Word. I have updated the drivers and uninstalled them as well and it is still not working. In the sound settings it appears that the microphone picks up my voice, but will not work in Zoom or Word. Is there...