Windows 10: Microphone not working after start up

Discus and support Microphone not working after start up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my first sound card purchase was a success, wonderful sound and microphone worked. I slept and started my pc the next morning and microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MalachiH., Oct 29, 2018.

1. MalachiH. Win User

Microphone not working after start up

Hello, my first sound card purchase was a success, wonderful sound and microphone worked. I slept and started my pc the next morning and microphone wasn't working. Only reinstalling the drivers will succeed in any kind of detection from the mic.

Soundblaster Audigy RX SB1550
    Windows 10
    MSI B150 Gaming M3 motherboard

I've disabled all the other on-board sound. Uninstalled any and every audio driver I found and then reinstalled. Checked for Windows updates.

I went into Device Manager> Audio inputs and outputs> Microphone> Properties> Events
    At the timestamp of installation it reads,
    "Description
    Device not migrated
    Information

Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{f5346510-2cbc-428c-85f8-c9645f55aa76} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{203CE5A9-DAB5-4424-B10A-1429626D86F4}
    Class Guid: {C166523C-FE0C-4A94-A586-F1A80CFBBF3E}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F120
    Present: false

Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to throw as much info as possible. Someone help!

:)

MalachiH., Oct 29, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 11, 2018
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Microphone not working after start up

Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Microphone not working after start up

1. Microphone not working after start up - Similar Threads - Microphone working start

2. USB Microphone not being detected on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone not being detected on start up.: So this is an issue that I already have a work-around for but is still annoying. My microphone seems to be undetectable by my PC until I unplug the UBS cord and plug it back in. The main thing that annoys me is that I have to do this every time my PC shuts down or restarts....
  3. USB Microphone not being detected on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone not being detected on start up.: So this is an issue that I already have a work-around for but is still annoying. My microphone seems to be undetectable by my PC until I unplug the UBS cord and plug it back in. The main thing that annoys me is that I have to do this every time my PC shuts down or restarts....
  4. Microphone not working until set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working until set up: Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my microphone on my ROG Zephyrus G14 G401QC laptop where microphone doesn't work unless I go through the setup process in Settings > Time & Language > Speech > Set your mic up for speech recognition every time I boot up my laptop. Even...
  5. Microphone not working until set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working until set up: Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my microphone on my ROG Zephyrus G14 G401QC laptop where microphone doesn't work unless I go through the setup process in Settings > Time & Language > Speech > Set your mic up for speech recognition every time I boot up my laptop. Even...
  6. Start up menu not working

in Cortana
    Start up menu not working: Recently when I tried to press the windows button on the bottom left corner of my screen, I got a pop up that said "critical error your startup menu is not working. Sign out and we will try to fix this issue". This is making it very hard to navigate all of my stuff and I need...
  7. Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up: On an Acre 5732Z Laptop running Windows 10 I have found that if I want to use devices plugged into the headphone or microphone sockets they need to be plugged in before Windows is started. They then work correctly but if then unplugged are not seen by Windows when plugged in...
  8. My Microphone set up is not working

in Cortana
    My Microphone set up is not working: what can I do to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-set-up-is-not-working/459cf217-43a9-4d57-83bc-e4e1dfda5110"
  9. Start Up menu is not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Up menu is not working after update: I tried updating to Windows 10 version 1903 and it wasn't successful. It said the error was "Potential Database error detected." The other day, my notebook wasn't able to shutdown properly because the battery got drained. I didn't know if it was updating or what but when I...
  10. Start up window not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up window not working: When I left click the start up icon I get a message: Critical Error, Start Up Window isn't functioning. Will try to fix when you re-start. The Error message prevents all other windows from opening. When I click the message, the system re-boots, but the Error continues. If I...