Windows 10: Microphone not Working after Windows 10 Refresh

Discus and support Microphone not Working after Windows 10 Refresh in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All, I did a Windows 10 refresh, my computer is not picking up any input devices when you go into settings. All of my settings are turned on. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArtCrelin, Apr 26, 2020.

1. ArtCrelin Win User

Microphone not Working after Windows 10 Refresh

All, I did a Windows 10 refresh, my computer is not picking up any input devices when you go into settings. All of my settings are turned on. What could be the problem? what do I do to fix this?

:)

ArtCrelin, Apr 26, 2020

2. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Microphone not Working after Windows 10 Refresh

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not Working after Windows 10 Refresh

1. Microphone not Working after Windows 10 Refresh - Similar Threads - Microphone Working Refresh

2. Microphone not working after the Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after the Windows update: After the latest windows update, I lost the access to Microphone. No input device found for microphone and as a result I cannot use it for Teams. My laptop was upgraded to Windows 11 pro from Windows 10 pro. After having this issue was reported to Microsoft, the customer rep...
  3. Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10: I got a new SSD for my laptop 2 days ago Asus rog strix gl503vd, did a clean Windows 10 installation and now my mic isn't working properly. This happened last time I reinstalled Windows as well, not quite sure how I fixed it then. I have done these things:- Downloaded...
  4. Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10: I got a new SSD for my laptop 2 days ago Asus rog strix gl503vd, did a clean Windows 10 installation and now my mic isn't working properly. This happened last time I reinstalled Windows as well, not quite sure how I fixed it then. I have done these things:- Downloaded...
  5. Microphone Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Not Working After Windows Update: I am using an HP Spectre 15". This issue happened a while ago, but now I need to use my microphone. This is an issue that occurs with every microphone I try to use, both internal and external. The microphone clearly works, as if I go into the settings and make noise, it shows...
  6. Microphone won't work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microphone won't work after Windows 10 update: Microphone won't work after Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-wont-work-after-windows-10-update/df53d0a2-554d-4532-89b4-6478198eeee9
  7. External Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update

External Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update: Hi, My computer updated to the latest Windows 10 patch a couple of days ago and since then my mic hasn't been working. It's being shown as connected, but nothing is being heard by the mic. I've updated all the audio drivers to the latest, both by Windows and by the...
  8. Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update

Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update: Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update- I've checked the microphone box, enabled the box, run troubleshooter after troubleshooter, run diagnostics, open and checked Settings, enabled and checked it all in Settings, Tested, tried Cortana, which can't hear me...
  9. Windows 10 won’t work after refresh

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won’t work after refresh: I have a windows 8.1 Acer laptop that was upgraded free online when windows 10 came out. Today I refreshed it to take it completely back to default, and now it wont start. It only brings me to the “Choosing an operating system” screen with the options: Windows 10 on volume...
  10. After Windows 10 was installed microphone not working

After Windows 10 was installed microphone not working: After Windows 10 was installed microphone no longer working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-was-installed-microphone-not/740fa982-2ea7-4b09-908b-779084b70978

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone is not working windows 10