Windows 10: Microphone not working after Windows Update to Windows 10, Version 2004

Discus and support Microphone not working after Windows Update to Windows 10, Version 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having issues with my microphone since I finally decided to perform the latest windows update a couple of days ago. Since then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FranzVST, Oct 28, 2020.

1. FranzVST Win User

Microphone not working after Windows Update to Windows 10, Version 2004

Hello,

I'm having issues with my microphone since I finally decided to perform the latest windows update a couple of days ago.

Since then the Realtek High Definition Audio microphone is not working anymore, neither via the built-in laptop microphone nor with earbuds and the headphone jack. This is not app dependent, Windows itself can't hear me when I perform a mic test.

Things I have tried to fix this issue:

1. Restart my laptop -- didn't work

2. Run Windows audio troubleshoot -- could not detect a problem

3. Check my privacy settings -- all settings are as they should be

4. Check if the mic is muted or the audio level is set to low -- all settings as they should be

5. Check for driver updates -- all drivers up to date

6. Reinstall all microphone drivers -- didn't work

7. Restart the Windows Audio service -- didn't work

Not really sure what else there is that I could try. I would very much appreciate some help!

:)

FranzVST, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 28, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone not working after Windows Update to Windows 10, Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Microphone working Update

2. No sound after windows 10 update version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after windows 10 update version 2004: Did anyone experience the same issue here, which is laptop no sound at all after the latest windows 10 updates version 2004. There is an issue with the Realtek driver I think. I will just wait for October patch and update it once again? Should I skip the 2004 update and...
  3. Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Microphone not working.: So before I updated into the latest version of Windows, my microphone was working perfectly. Now, I tried all possible solutions. IE: Deleting the driver and restarting Windows, upping the levels of my mic in the sound settings, troubleshooting my audio. It's really...
  4. Windows 10 "Locking" after Update to Version 2004.

Windows 10 "Locking" after Update to Version 2004.: Updated to version 2004 on a Gateway laptop. After update, Screen had "Privacy options" to choose from, and while scrolling and reading holding down the left mouse button the screen turned blue, and said "Locking" with the spinning wheel below it. Laptop shut off. Will not...
  5. Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004: My taskbar is not working after I update the new windows 10 version 2004. some apps working but search bar and start button and notification icon and WIFI icon also not working when I click those icons. also, I have an update that one also not updated due to some errorSome...
  6. Problems after update windows 10 version 2004

Problems after update windows 10 version 2004: Hello, I'm having some troubles after update a few days ago: Hibernate is not working, it just turn off my laptop. Sleep is making the system hang so I have to force shutdown with the power button. Normal shutdown takes a lot of time in comparison with the shutdown time...
  7. Audio Not Working After Windows 10 Version 2004 Update

Audio Not Working After Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Hello My audio is still not working after the recent Winows 10 Version 2004 update. It causes the system to auto lockdown after initial booting and the audio functions are now totally lost. Please let me know what is current status to fix these bugging issues. Appreciate...
  8. The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903: Last night I updated my PC. I came home tonight and I am receiving voice reproduction. My microphone no longer works in Discord or in any other form of communication. I'm upset because I listen to voice playback and super upset because my microphone doesn't work anymore. I...
  9. Microphone not working after Windows 10 Version 1809 update

Microphone not working after Windows 10 Version 1809 update: I updated my PC last night i come home tonight and I am getting voice playback. My mic no longer works on Discord or any other form of communication. i am annoyed that i am hearing voice play back and super annoyed my mic no longer works. I use a Bluesnow Ball and I have no...
  10. Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803)

Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803): As the title says I have encountered this problem once I had to get this mandatory update. I did a rollback the previous build I had and the microphone (detachable microphone for headphones) was working fine. Nothing wrong with the cable and drivers are up to date. The...