Windows 10: Microphone not working btt audio working on newly built pc.

Discus and support Microphone not working btt audio working on newly built pc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The audio works, but the microhphone on all of my external devices does not work on my newly built windows 10 pc. If it matters, my version is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Default_601, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Microphone not working btt audio working on newly built pc.

The audio works, but the microhphone on all of my external devices does not work on my newly built windows 10 pc. If it matters, my version is unactivated. I set the devices to default, updated the sound drivers, tried different ports, made sure the devices are enabled, made sure in the levels tab the volume is up, but it is still not working. On my old laptop, it works completely fine plug and play, but on the new pc, it, or atleast the microphone is not working like that.I installed all windows updated that were there, still it is not working. All the necessary drivers are installedI think

:)

Default_601, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 7, 2021
  3. OGSIX Win User
    Built in Microphone not working

Hello,

I've been having a problem with my laptop (MSI GF63) Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop (few weeks ago) and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting
    and it's all good and there's nothing interfering with the mic. I also tried to reinstalling the driver (Realtek HD audio) multiple times and still no luck. I even reset windows and It worked for a day (Before i shut the laptop down i believe) and it's not
    working again . The weird thing is when i try to "set up the microphone" the built in mic, the troubleshooter doesn't gave me the step where you try to speak to your mic and straight up just gave me "Your microphone might need to be set up" with the green
    checklist logo on the right still having the same problem.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank You

OGSIX, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Atavian Win User

Microphone not working btt audio working on newly built pc.

Built-in microphone not working, driver issue?

I have an MSI GE62 laptop. I recently updated Windows 10 and had the same "no sound" issue that I've read about here. I was able to fix that, but now I have an issue where my laptop's built-in microphone does not work (i.e. it receives no sound, does not work with Skype or Audacity) upon first starting up the computer. If I restart the computer, then the microphone works. But it never works when I start up the computer after being shut down. I never had an issue with the microphone in the past year. This just happened now. I have no idea if it's connected to the update; it just happened around the same time, so I thought it could be related.

I'm assuming this is some kind of driver problem. Any recommendations on what I should do? The driver for the built-in microphone is listed as "Realtek High Definition Audio".

Atavian, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Microphone not working btt audio working on newly built pc.

1. Microphone not working btt audio working on newly built pc. - Similar Threads - Microphone working btt

2. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  3. Realtek not working on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek not working on newly built pc: I recently built a new pc and I realized right away that I am able to use my headphones connected through an interface and can use audio coming through my monitor with an HDMI. But I cannot use speakers plugged directly into my motherboard. I have uninstalled/reinstalled...
  4. Realtek not working on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek not working on newly built pc: I recently built a new pc and I realized right away that I am able to use my headphones connected through an interface and can use audio coming through my monitor with an HDMI. But I cannot use speakers plugged directly into my motherboard. I have uninstalled/reinstalled...
  5. Realtek not working on newly built pc

6. HDR not working on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not working on my newly built PC: HiI am sure it should work.New AMD Ryzen PC with Windows 11 proGraphics AMD RX 570 - connected via HDMI - 2.0bMonitor Ilyama G-master G2730HSU-B1 - Colour profile installed.My research shows both support HDR but I cannot get it to budge.CheersDavid...
  7. HDR not working on my newly built PC

HDR not working on my newly built PC: HiI am sure it should work.New AMD Ryzen PC with Windows 11 proGraphics AMD RX 570 - connected via HDMI - 2.0bMonitor Ilyama G-master G2730HSU-B1 - Colour profile installed.My research shows both support HDR but I cannot get it to budge.CheersDavid...
  8. Built-in microphone not working

Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  9. Built-In Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Microphone Not Working: Hello. I am having some issues with my built in mic after a recent Windows update. The mic is picking up my taps and claps when I see it in Settings but it does not record nor pick up my voice, verified via Voice Recorder and Zoom. Below is a summary of everything that has...
  10. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in Microphone not working: Hello, I've been having a problem with my laptop MSI GF63 Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop few weeks ago and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting and it's...