Windows 10: Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition

Discus and support Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, First time posting, but long-standing issues with the Mic in my laptop. I'm not sure whether I haven't set it up properly or what, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by technophobeOG, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition

Hi Everyone,

First time posting, but long-standing issues with the Mic in my laptop. I'm not sure whether I haven't set it up properly or what, but no matter what microphone I use, the result is always a faint / very quiet output on my end. I can hear other people just fine on video and audio calls, but people struggle to hear me when I'm using this device and ANY microphone. I'll be working from home indefinitely so will need the microphone up to standard and actually be usable...

Thanks for any help.

:)

technophobeOG, Jan 5, 2021
  2. bro67 Win User

How to remove Star Wars content from HP laptop (model 15-an050ca)

I highly doubt that there is going to be much on there, other then the usual click to try and buy stuff like Office, Norton, which can be removed with Revo Uninstaller. It is the Metro Apps that are a little harder to remove, because Windows 10 has a built in task for Update, that will check for missing Metro apps and reinstall them from Windows Update.

It states on HP's website what comes pre-loaded on that series. Majority is wallpaper and screensavers that are Star Wars themed, same as the skin and the design of the touchpad. http://store.hp.com/us/en/ContentVie...pecial-edition

The majority of the cost for that laptop is for the Fandor 12 month subscription and the licensing of the Star Wars stuff. You can get the same laptop a hundred to two hundred dollars cheaper if you are not interested in the licensed theme stuff that Disney is forcing HP to charge customers.

bro67, Jan 5, 2021
  3. mjlw Win User
    How to remove Star Wars content from HP laptop (model 15-an050ca)

Hi,

I'm about to buy the HP Star Wars™ Special Edition (15-an050ca) Notebook. It's running Win10 home edition.

My question is: Is there a way for me to remove the Star Wars content safely while it's new. I just don't want the SW stuff to clutter up my computer.

Thanks.

mjlw, Jan 5, 2021
  4. mnsdfhrug Win User

Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition

HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

It appears to be a headset icon. So it could work but I need an adatper. What about the ports on the back? Can headphone be plugged into audio "line out" (port 6) and microphone into port 7 (refer to image above)

mnsdfhrug, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition

1. Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition - Similar Threads - Microphone working pavilion

2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: I'm curious, was anyone able to purchase Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008 through the Microsoft Store? As far as I could tell, even though the series did come up when you search it, there was a bug that prevented it from being purchased. Now with Disney plus, it just seems that...
  3. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: I'm curious, was anyone able to purchase Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008 through the Microsoft Store? As far as I could tell, even though the series did come up when you search it, there was a bug that prevented it from being purchased. Now with Disney plus, it just seems that...
  4. Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working: Hello all, So recently I've started playing this game again after a while. I play on Windows 10 x64, I have the CD version of the game. Whenever I try to launch the game, it does nothing for at least 30 minutes. The game would launch about at least a half hour after I...
  5. Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working: Hello all, So recently I've started playing this game again after a while. I play on Windows 10 x64, I have the CD version of the game. Whenever I try to launch the game, it does nothing for at least 30 minutes. The game would launch about at least a half hour after I...
  6. Star wars the clone wars republic heroes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Star wars the clone wars republic heroes: Hallo zusammen, Ich habe mir vorhin star wars the clone wars republic heroes auf steam gekauft. Ich habe es installiert aber wenn ich auf spielen drücke erscheint der produktschlüssel mit der anmerkung,dass ich ihn zur eingabe bereithalten soll etc. danach sehe ich das...
  7. Older Star Wars games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Star Wars games: I'm installing some older Star Wars games to find out if I can still play them on 10, but I'm having a problem w/a few & hope someone can help me w/these. 1. Battle For Naboo. When I try to install, I get a message stating it's a 16Bit installer & will not run on a 64Bit...
  8. Star Wars Empire At War stopped working for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars Empire At War stopped working for some reason: I was playing all last week on star wars empire at war and its expansion pack. when I tried to load it up today and get this error 'This application is not compatible with the installed operation system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better' I have tried...
  9. playing star wars battlefront

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing star wars battlefront: just playing a game I well get this bsod Attachment 100654 63068
  10. Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook: Hi, I have just bought a HP Star Wars special edition notebook with Windows 10 preinstalled. On the initial setup, I accidentally typed in my name wrong in the User account setup. (The keys are in a slightly different place on this keyboard to my old one and when I tried to...