Windows 10: Microphone not working in any application but shows detecting sound in windows settings

Discus and support Microphone not working in any application but shows detecting sound in windows settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was attending a meeting via zoom. I unmuted myself, spoke and then muted back. After that when I again unmuted myself, started speaking but no one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChiragTutlani, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Microphone not working in any application but shows detecting sound in windows settings

I was attending a meeting via zoom. I unmuted myself, spoke and then muted back. After that when I again unmuted myself, started speaking but no one could hear me icon showed that I was unmuted. I later checked in google meet settings. In there, it does not show any option to test microphone but shows a blue icon with three dots means that I am already speaking. Here's how the settings look on google meet for Stereo MixSame situation for Microphone ArrayI tested all input devices in system settings and the results are as follows:1. Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital

:)

ChiragTutlani, Oct 4, 2021

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Oct 4, 2021
  3. Elixed Win User
    3rd party applications not detecting microphone.

Hello,

I recently did a full reset of my PC and my microphone stopped detecting any sound on 3rd party applications like browsers or Discord. When I try to record anything, silence is recorded. However it works perfectly fine on all native Windows apps and surprisingly
    League of Legends voice chat. Before the reset, everything worked perfectly on all applications. I have only one microphone device enabled (Realtek High Definition Audio) and it's my built-in microphone of my laptop. I've tried everything i found on the internet
    but nothing seems to work.

• I updated microphone drivers.
    • I allowed apps to access my microphone (in microphone privacy settings)
    • I installed all windows updates
    • I disabled all sound effects on the device.
    Is there anything else I could try?

Elixed, Oct 4, 2021
  4. Microphone not working in any application but shows detecting sound in windows settings

Microphone Detected in Windows but not Working in Applications

About a week ago my computer shut down for a windows update. When it came back up, the microphone wouldn't work in desktop applications. The microphone is detected in these applications, but no sound will go through. I have checked security settings
    and nothing seems to be blocking access. The microphone works within windows settings and Microsoft store applications which made me believe it was something with the security, however nothing seems to be blocking access to desktop applications. I tried
    uninstalling the windows update, updating the drivers, and resetting the settings to default with no luck. I tried some random things I have found online and none of it worked.

zacharygoo, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

Microphone not working in any application but shows detecting sound in windows settings

1. Microphone not working in any application but shows detecting sound in windows settings - Similar Threads - Microphone working application

2. None of my microphones is detecting any sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    None of my microphones is detecting any sound: I have the problem that none of my 2 mic'sFifine T669 and logitech webcam C170 are detecting any sound at all. My speaker are working.I also tried everything said in this post...
  3. microphone not working / not picking up any sound in settings tab

microphone not working / not picking up any sound in settings tab: i have a razer sieren mini it was working fine until i done windows update. I have tried everything under the sun all fixes from YouTube/internet and still not picking up anything at all i have spent hours trying to fix this but have not had any luck...
  4. Windows detects Microphone, but won't register any sound from it.

Windows detects Microphone, but won't register any sound from it.: I'm currently having an issue with my gaming headset+mic where I plug it in via USB or audio jacks and while Windows 10 will register it and Discord and any other program... It won't work on my PC anymore. Same with any other microphone I plug into it, the audio and sound are...
  5. Microphone sound not detected

Microphone sound not detected: I´ve had this problem since I reinstalled windows on my PC. I´ve connected several microphones through the frond jacks and rear ones, but it doesn´t seem to recognise any sound. I´ve also tried this on other apps such as discord, but it still doesn´t work. I reinstalled the...
  6. Microphones Detected But No Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphones Detected But No Sound: I have been trying multiple mics, and they are all recognized, but no program, including windows' test function are able to get any sound. I've tried 1 mic and 2 webcams. The webcams can display video but not audio. And yes, I changed the setting under privacy to let...
  7. Microphone Detected in Windows but not Working in Applications

Microphone Detected in Windows but not Working in Applications: About a week ago my computer shut down for a windows update. When it came back up, the microphone wouldn't work in desktop applications. The microphone is detected in these applications, but no sound will go through. I have checked security settings and nothing seems to be...
  8. Microphone detected, but not working in any software. Privacy settings is OK.

Microphone detected, but not working in any software. Privacy settings is OK.: I have a pretty uncommon problem with my laptop, windows detects pick up sound when activating listen to function, green bars bouncing, but any other app doesn't pick up any sound. I've tried: Setting device as Default Reinstalling Audio Drivers Rebooting Windows Editing...
  9. Windows will not detect sound from any microphone that I plug in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not detect sound from any microphone that I plug in.: About two weeks ago my mic stopped working on my computer. I have tried it and other microphones with multiple devices and they work fine on them but not with my computer. Any time I plug a mic in, windows detects no sound input from it in the audio device settings. The sole...
  10. Audio works for Windows sounds but not for any application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio works for Windows sounds but not for any application: Hi there Never had this error before -- Audio works perfectly for Windows sounds etc - but no sound for ANY application (VLC / Winamp etc etc). Only happened today -- I haven't done anything to the system. Build 9926. Settings are correct for applications etc,...