Windows 10: Microphone not working in ask Cortana

Discus and support Microphone not working in ask Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Microphone not working in ask Cortana tried all settings to no avail happened since windows update... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ukmikeb12, Mar 11, 2021.

1. ukmikeb12 Win User

Microphone not working in ask Cortana

Microphone not working in ask Cortana tried all settings to no avail happened since windows update

:)

ukmikeb12, Mar 11, 2021

2. Cortana not working with new microphone

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you with this issue.

• Was Cortana working before using the Microphone?
    • Does Cortana work without the Microphone?
    • Did you install all pending Windows Updates?

I suggest you to follow the below link and check if everything is set correctly in order for Cortana to work.

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Microphone not working with Cortana

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing detail of the issue.

I suggest you to try below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Cortana & Search settings.
    • Slide the slider to On in Hey Cortana.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Microphone not working in ask Cortana

Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Microphone not working in ask Cortana

1. Microphone not working in ask Cortana - Similar Threads - Microphone working ask

2. Ask Cortana box mixxing

in Cortana
    Ask Cortana box mixxing: Hello, I run a windows 10 with the version 1903, so cortana has changed to a personal assistant which can remember thing and open programs tell me what's scheduled etc. There are 2 ways to communicate with cortana, with voice and by typing in the Ask Cortana box but the ask...
  3. Microphone not working, only works with cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not working, only works with cortana: For some stupid reason my microphone is being detected, works perfectly fine, but literally every application other than cortana does not work. Before you ask, yes I have enabled apps to use my microphone. Windows has detected no issues with it, and it says everything is...
  4. Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones: Recently, I built a new rig and I want to give Cortana another try (last time was when it was still newly released for Canada). Windows 10 doesn't let Cortana work with Bluetooth microphones, such as the one in my Sennheiser Momentum M2 wireless noise cancelling headphones....
  5. Cortana microphone

in Cortana
    Cortana microphone: I cannot cortana to work on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-microphone/0d95770a-5255-4c8d-aab7-fd31d3ecb27a
  6. Cortana and Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana and Microphone: Cortana can't hear me. My laptop microphone worked to talk to Cortana now I get the message no microphone Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-microphone/da94e8e8-8f14-4391-bbc6-64ca90133c5f
  7. ask Cortana for a reminder

in Cortana
    ask Cortana for a reminder: I just set up Cortana on 2 computers and asked her to remind me of an appointment. On one she reminded me with a box in the lower corner, but on the other one, she made a verbal announcement. How do I choose the method?...
  8. Cortana not istening to microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not istening to microphone.: Tried to set up Cortana to recognize my voice but it keeps on saying that Computer is not listening. [img] Microphone (Analog, connected to the back) works of course, applications like Skype hear it just fine, boost is on to maximum and it shows volume in Cortana tests....
  9. Microphone Requirements For Cortana

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Requirements For Cortana: I have Cortana set up and working pretty nicely with this microphone. http://www.amazon.com/Kinobo-Microph...8980144&sr=1-1 On initial setup I did get the "might not work so good with this microphone" (paraphrasing) dialog. To my Star Trek delight it responds to...
  10. Cortana Ask Me Anything not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Ask Me Anything not working: Has anyone got an issue with the Cortana search 'Ask me anything'? Suddenly on both my machines I notice this morning I will type something like 'Reliability History' and it will display the usual results. But then if I do it again I get nothing. I have to log out and...