Windows 10: Microphone not working in Google Chrome

Discus and support Microphone not working in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I use a lenovo laptop System info- Intel core i3 7th Gen The operating system used is Windows 10. So there's a problem which I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SignificantRob0, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Microphone not working in Google Chrome

Hello,

I use a lenovo laptop

System info-

Intel

core i3

7th Gen

The operating system used is Windows 10. So there's a problem which I am facing. I just recently downloaded Realtek audio manager. And I updated my drivers. And usually when i use my voice recorder, there is no problem I am facing. But, when I need to use it in apps like Google Chrome, Whats app, etc. It asks me for the permission to use my microphone. So, when its needed I do give them the access but still chrome says that my microphone is not working properly and it says that it is not able to detect any voice.

Please reply to my question because I really need the solution to this problem.

Thanks

***Original title: Devices and Printers***

:)

SignificantRob0, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Microphone not working in Google Chrome

Google chrome not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

Just a few questions first, to get a clear picture of the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the error message displayed on the screen?

I would recommend that you uninstall Chrome and try again and make sure you are downloading Google Chrome from trusted website.

To uninstall google chrome follow the steps below:

• Press Win + X and open Control panel
    • Go to program and click program and feature.
      • Uninstall chrome

Hope this helps.

Please post back to us if you have any questions. We will be glad to provide you with the additional options.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not working in Google Chrome

1. Microphone not working in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Microphone working Google

2. Google Chrome suddenly won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome suddenly won't work: I'm having an issue with my network security. I am getting an error with every website I try to access using Google Chrome. My website is a Showit site, and I can only update it with Google Chrome. Here is the error: Details about the network security diagnosis. Settings...
  3. google chrome not working properly

google chrome not working properly: Hi I am using windows 10 Home 64 bit version. I have installed google chrome to surf the internet but chrome is unable to open webpages and connect to internet properly. However I have no problem surfing the internet while using edge. Can anyone guide me about the solution to...
  4. Audio not working properly on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio not working properly on Google Chrome: Basically, whenever I open up Google Chrome and watch a video, there will be audio, but if i watch a different video without closing and relaunching Google Chrome, there wouldn't be any audio. This also happens if I pause the video long enough and then resume the video....
  5. Google, Google Chrome, Youtube and Google Drive will not work on my laptop!

Google, Google Chrome, Youtube and Google Drive will not work on my laptop!: Help! No matter what browser I try my laptop will not open any google websites when connected to the wifi. This even happens when I use Incognito mode. My family connect to the same wifi/router and don't seem to have this issue. There was an update my laptop decided to go...
  6. Google Chrome not working on Windows 10

Google Chrome not working on Windows 10: I recently just built my pc. Installed Windows 10. It came with both internet explorer and Google Chrome. It's more convenient to use Google Chrome, but with this new PC, it just won't work. It will be a huge inconvenience to use internet explorer, as my job requires Chrome...
  7. Google Chrome not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome not working: Recently I was trying to download sheet music for piano and the website tried to install things on my pc. I believe one of them was called "Brave" and there were a few more but I can't remember the names. Anyways, I thought I took care of them but now (maybe 3 hours after)...
  8. google chrome not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome not working: Chrome will not load, can not reach settings, looks like a small window opens but its too fast to see what it is, get the Snap, unresponsive reply on a blank screen. Have uninstalled and re-installed Chrome twice, ran compatibility scan multiple times....
  9. Google Chrome is not working properly!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome is not working properly!: My problem with Google Chrome is that it's either closing instantly when I open it or that no files stay open, they just say that the site needs to reload, and then when I try to reload it, it closes. Can anyone help me out?...
  10. Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Hi folks, since downloading and installing the 'Anniversary Update' I have not been able to open Google Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas please. Many thanks. 59675