Windows 10: Microphone not working in Windows 10 Professional

Discus and support Microphone not working in Windows 10 Professional in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried several things to fix the microphone not working. My microphone setting is turned on for my device. The apps access are turn “on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark092, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Mark092 Win User

Microphone not working in Windows 10 Professional

Hello,

I have tried several things to fix the microphone not working. My microphone setting is turned on for my device. The apps access are turn “on “ for camera, voice recorder, and Skype. Desktop Apps access is turned on. The microphone is not showing up in device manager under audio inputs and outputs only the speaker is showing. I ran a troubleshooter for recording audio but it did not fix the microphone. There is no microphone showing up within the voice recorder app. It appears that perhaps the hardware for the microphone may have not been installed. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad W540 workstation. Please advise.

Mark

:)

Mark092, Feb 28, 2020

2. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Microphone not working in Windows 10 Professional

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not working in Windows 10 Professional

1. Microphone not working in Windows 10 Professional - Similar Threads - Microphone working Professional

2. Microphone in Windows 10 Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone in Windows 10 Not Working: I can hear audio but my microphone will only record buzzing sound when I try to use it. Cortana hears a sound but no words are audible just buzz sound. Is there a fix for this?...
  3. Microphone in Windows 10 Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone in Windows 10 Not Working: I can hear audio but my microphone will only record buzzing sound when I try to use it. Cortana hears a sound but no words are audible just buzz sound. Is there a fix for this?...
  4. Microphone not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working on Windows 10: Hi, can anybody help me in fixing my microphone, I've gone through all the recommended options to fix it, but it still is not working. I cannot use my microphone for anything at present even though all the settings seem to be ok. Not sure how long this has been happening as...
  5. Microphone Not Working on Windows 10

Microphone Not Working on Windows 10: I bought a microphone for my pc and it was long time ago.I bought new pc and plugged the microphone in.Computer doesn't recognize it.I tried updating drivers,but it didn't work.I checked is it disabled and set as default device,and it was.I tried restarting my pc multiple...
  6. Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working: Hi Team, Unable to access the UNC on windows 10 64 bit 1903(Version) after updating from 1809. Network Path : SMB Share Please try to fix this issue....
  7. Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working: Hi Team, Unable to access the UNC on windows 10 64 bit 1903(Version) after updating from 1809. Network Path : SMB Share Please try to fix this issue....
  8. Windows does not recognize connected external professional microphone, headset microphone

Windows does not recognize connected external professional microphone, headset microphone: I have an issue with my external microphones. While connecting a microphone with a built in microphone it seems to work but if i try to connect one that has separate audio/mic jacks or just a professional microphone the computer does not recognize my them. Have checked all...
  9. Microphone Not working on Windows 10

Microphone Not working on Windows 10: Around a week ago, my headphone's mic stopped working. It had been working on this PC for a while but it just suddenly stopped working. I know it isn't my headphone's problem because I have tried it on 2 other devices (a laptop and a mac) where it worked perfectly fine,...
  10. Windows 10 Microphone Will Not Work

Windows 10 Microphone Will Not Work: Fairly recently my computer has failed to recognize when I am speaking into my microphone. The headset that my mic is a part of still works just fine for playback audio, and the mic will work when I plug it into another computer. I have booted Ubuntu onto my computer and my...