Windows 10: Microphone Not working in Word or Zoom After Recent Update

Discus and support Microphone Not working in Word or Zoom After Recent Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the recent update my microphone isn't working in Zoom or Word. I have updated the drivers and uninstalled them as well and it is still not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by G_Costa, Mar 27, 2020.

1. G_Costa Win User

Microphone Not working in Word or Zoom After Recent Update

After the recent update my microphone isn't working in Zoom or Word. I have updated the drivers and uninstalled them as well and it is still not working. In the sound settings it appears that the microphone picks up my voice, but will not work in Zoom or Word. Is there anything else I can do to fix this? I need to use Zoom for work. Thanks!

:)

G_Costa, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    microphone icon does not appear in word document

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Speech to Text option in Word document on your computer. I’ll help you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Are you able to use the Speech Recognition feature in any other application such as notepad or WordPad?
    • Are you using an external microphone or an internal microphone? If you are using an external microphone, what is make and model of the microphone?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

If you are unable to use the Speech Recognition feature in any other application, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the section
    Help your PC recognize your voice in the article
    Use voice recognition in Windows 10
    to configure Speech Recognition.

You may also want to refer the steps in the article
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10

To use Speech Recognition in Word, refer the steps mentioned in the article

Dictate text using Speech Recognition

If you are facing issues only in Word, I would suggest you to get in touch with the

Office support team
    and I am sure they will help you with this issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Microphone Not working in Word or Zoom After Recent Update

internal microphone not working since updates

In order to effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to confirm what are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve the microphone issue?

Since the microphone driver is up to date, we would suggest that you reinstall it to rule out issues related to corrupted driver installation after the recent the
    Windows Update. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow to expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Right-click on the microphone driver and select Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall.
    • Press OK.
    • Restart the device to reinstall a native driver.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Not working in Word or Zoom After Recent Update

1. Microphone Not working in Word or Zoom After Recent Update - Similar Threads - Microphone working Word

2. Microphone not working in zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working in zoom: Microphone not working in zoom I have a new Lenovo thinkpad Laptop running Windows 10 with a built in camera and microphone using the driver Microphone array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. The microphone works for Cortana and other applications but...
  3. Microphone not working in zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working in zoom: Microphone not working in zoom I have a new Lenovo thinkpad Laptop running Windows 10 with a built in camera and microphone using the driver Microphone array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. The microphone works for Cortana and other applications but...
  4. Microphone not working in zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working in zoom: I have a new HP Laptop running Windows 11 with a built in camera and microphone using the driver Microphone array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. The microphone works for Cortana and other applications but doesn’t work for zoom. I’ve checked the privacy...
  5. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone does not work after a recent update: My PC updated today, and so far everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone will not work now. I know it is not the microphone itself or the headphones, as again there were no problems until the most recent update I put on the PC....
  6. The microphone does not work after a recent update

The microphone does not work after a recent update: My PC updated today, and so far everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone will not work now. I know it is not the microphone itself or the headphones, as again there were no problems until the most recent update I put on the PC....
  7. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. microphone not working with zoom

microphone not working with zoom: No output to zoom when unmuted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-with-zoom/a02ab409-dc56-4a51-9793-143ce2f37eef
  9. Microphone is not working after recent update

Microphone is not working after recent update: I am running Windows 10 version 1909 64-bit on an ASUS TP501UA. I believe my audio driver used to be Realtek or possibly Synaptics. After a recent update, my computer downloaded a driver from Conexant which seems to have taken over for my audio. This problem started at the...
  10. Microphone not working after recently updating

Microphone not working after recently updating: Updated laptop today, and up until now everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone now won't work. I've double checked the drivers for both my headphones and the microphone on the laptop itself which i have been using with no issues until today and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zoom microphone not working windows

2. zoom audio does not work lenovo

3. realtek mike with zoom

4. why doesnt my microphone work with zoom,
  5. microphone not working with zoom or google meeting,
  6. microophone not working on zoom