Windows 10: Microphone not working on user profile - working on another

Discus and support Microphone not working on user profile - working on another in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue of microphone not working on certain user profile but working on another one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Khalid Roumieh, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Microphone not working on user profile - working on another

I have an issue of microphone not working on certain user profile but working on another one.

:)

Khalid Roumieh, Jun 16, 2020

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Microphone not working on user profile - working on another

Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not working on user profile - working on another

1. Microphone not working on user profile - working on another - Similar Threads - Microphone working user

2. Chromeproxy.exe shorcut not work on another windows profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chromeproxy.exe shorcut not work on another windows profile: I created URL shortcut on google chrome and click on open as window. that shortcut is work well on my profile. when i copy on remaining users profile it's not work. please advice....
  3. Chromeproxy.exe shorcut not work on another windows profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chromeproxy.exe shorcut not work on another windows profile: I created URL shortcut on google chrome and click on open as window. that shortcut is work well on my profile. when i copy on remaining users profile it's not work. please advice....
  4. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  5. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  6. Headphones not working on one profile, but works on another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not working on one profile, but works on another: Why would my headphones not work in FF and Zoom on one profile, but be completely fine in a different profile? Shut down my computer Friday night Aug 28 for the weekend. Had just finished my last Zoom work call, everything worked fine. Turn PC on Monday morning today to...
  7. Mic microphone working in Admin but not in User profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic microphone working in Admin but not in User profile: After windows update, pop came in Admin profile to setup microphone privacy, enabled and also for relevant apps, went to user profile not working. Then went to Privacy > Microphone in user profile Settings App and need to activate there as well, then started working in all...
  8. Linking another user profile path to the current user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Linking another user profile path to the current user profile: Hi guys, A couple of days ago, I saw my friend being able to log in without password and I was eager to set it too so I went online to search for the way and end up going into win + r and type in netplwiz which brings up user account. I click on edit and accidentally hit on...
  9. How to Transfer User Profile to Another User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Transfer User Profile to Another User: Is there a way to create a new users account on the same PC such that it will have access to the same program and document files as an existing users account? Local Users Administrator, DISABLED, Member of Administrators DefaultAccount , DISABLED, Member of Users Guest,...
  10. User profile service stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User profile service stopped working: On one of my PCs I checked the reliability history and noted a message from earlier on about 'User profile service stopped working'. The machine seems fine and has been on and off a couple times since the message time with no seeiming ill effects. The message doesn't repeat...