Windows 10: Microphone not working, Possible missing drivers?

Discus and support Microphone not working, Possible missing drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 pro on my Toshiba Satellite A355-S6879 Laptop and I can not get my microphone to work. When I try to use Cortana she can not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephanieStanley2, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Microphone not working, Possible missing drivers?

I am running Windows 10 pro on my Toshiba Satellite A355-S6879 Laptop and I can not get my microphone to work. When I try to use Cortana she can not hear me and when trying ton use an online video messaging service like Facebook Messenger video calls the app will not allow me to make the call as it says I do not have a microphone. Everything that I have found in regards to this issue advises me to go into the sounds section of my device manager and to click on the microphone and either configure, turn on or uninstall and reinstall. However, there is NO microphone to click on when I go under the sounds section as well as in other places on the computer where I was advised I could reach the microphone to fix it. Without there being an option to click on, and I know there is a microphone as that feature is standard on this model computer, what other choices do I have in order to fix this problem??

Thank you in advance for your help

:)

StephanieStanley2, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Microphone Driver is not functioning well

Hello Jericho,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check the status of this issue.

Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be
      prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Arul_D, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Microphone not working, Possible missing drivers?

MS LifeChat LX 3000 microphone not working

Hi,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your microphone not to work. We suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you. See steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices then click on Run the troubleshooter.

Also make sure that the microphone in not disabled and set as default. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the Microphone, then select Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Double click on the Microphone and under Device Usage:, select
      Use this device (enabled).
    • Also make sure that the Microphone is set as default.

If the issue still occurs, try uninstalling and reinstalling the headset driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Microphone not working, Possible missing drivers?

1. Microphone not working, Possible missing drivers? - Similar Threads - Microphone working Possible

2. Missing driver for usb microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing driver for usb microphone: I brought a new usb gaming microphone however when I go into device manager the microphone comes up as Lcs usb audio device and when I double click on it, it shows it doesn’t have a driver installed, I click on update and search online for driver. And it tried to install usb...
  3. Missing driver for usb microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing driver for usb microphone: I brought a new usb gaming microphone however when I go into device manager the microphone comes up as Lcs usb audio device and when I double click on it, it shows it doesn’t have a driver installed, I click on update and search online for driver. And it tried to install usb...
  4. Microphone driver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone driver not working: I recently used the software “Advanced Driver Updater” in order to update some drivers on my computer after a sound issue. However, after using this software, my computer no longer detects the microphone which is built in to the computer. I have tried every possible solution...
  5. Microphone driver not working

Microphone driver not working: I recently used the software “Advanced Driver Updater” in order to update some drivers on my computer after a sound issue. However, after using this software, my computer no longer detects the microphone which is built in to the computer. I have tried every possible solution...
  6. microphone driver is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone driver is missing: My driver disappeared after using driver booster. I didn't delete or anything. How do I get it back? It seems it's not disabled, it's definitely gone. I don't know where to find it and what dirver to install. Thanks for the help....
  7. microphone driver is missing

microphone driver is missing: My driver disappeared after using driver booster. I didn't delete or anything. How do I get it back? It seems it's not disabled, it's definitely gone. I don't know where to find it and what dirver to install. Thanks for the help....
  8. microphone driver is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Microphone Array missing, Internal Microphone doesn't work

Microphone Array missing, Internal Microphone doesn't work: Laptop is an HP UN3481 in Windows 10 64-bit, whenever I check the Recording tab on the Sounds settings, the Microphone Array is missing, only Stereo Mix appears nothing appears even if it shows Disabled Devices I checked the Device Manager and its not there too. I tried every...
  10. Radeon drivers possibly not working

Radeon drivers possibly not working: Hello, everytime I try to play games GTA online, Forza Horizon 4 and drl sim the game just unexpectedly freezes and closes for what seems no apparent reason. I am on a fresh installation of Windows 10 and have tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times to no success, my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hello my microphone does not work Generic driver found