Windows 10: Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new SSD for my laptop 2 days ago Asus rog strix gl503vd, did a clean Windows 10 installation and now my mic isn't working properly. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jostaahh, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Jostaahh Win User

Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10

I got a new SSD for my laptop 2 days ago Asus rog strix gl503vd, did a clean Windows 10 installation and now my mic isn't working properly. This happened last time I reinstalled Windows as well, not quite sure how I fixed it then. I have done these things:- Downloaded drivers- Removed drivers and reinstalled- Removed audio devices in Device Manager- Restarted many times- Tried different microphones- Sound Panel settings- Noise suppression on/off- Regularly checking for Windows updates I know my microphone works because I used it before the reset and it didn't have a problem. I am c

:)

Jostaahh, Jan 2, 2022
  2. Rolly13 Win User

Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer:

1. Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    2. Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON
    Among the apps that are showing is Edge. There the mike is working, but on chrome and my games microphone is not working

Rolly13, Jan 2, 2022
  3. Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

I had the same issue when I upgraded to 1803 on the Insider Program. I tried everything, the privacy settings. I even removed the driver and software. Reinstalled drivers and software, same problem.

I know this is probably not a solution you want to hear, but I clean installed the April update using the MCT. I booted to the USB flash drive it created and installed from there. Now my microphone works properly.

Normally in a situation like this, some would suggest a repair install. You can try this if you do not feel like clean installing.

Hopefully someone else will have another suggestion before you have to resort to this.

Access Denied, Jan 2, 2022
  4. Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10

microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10

1. Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone working properly

2. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly: My inbuilt laptop microphone Microsoft Array-Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones is not working properly. When I record something using this microphone the audio gets recorded at 0.5x speed. When I play the recorded audio it plays like I am listening at 2x of...
  3. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working properly: My inbuilt laptop microphone Microsoft Array-Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones is not working properly. When I record something using this microphone the audio gets recorded at 0.5x speed. When I play the recorded audio it plays like I am listening at 2x of...
  4. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly: HelloI have a weird situation. First, if no microphone is plugged in my laptop I can't use built in mic. like when I go to control panel or settings and test the mic, it doesn't record anything. then if I want to use a Bluetooth device with a mic, I can use it without any...
  5. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working properly: HelloI have a weird situation. First, if no microphone is plugged in my laptop I can't use built in mic. like when I go to control panel or settings and test the mic, it doesn't record anything. then if I want to use a Bluetooth device with a mic, I can use it without any...
  6. Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly after reinstalling Windows 10: I got a new SSD for my laptop 2 days ago Asus rog strix gl503vd, did a clean Windows 10 installation and now my mic isn't working properly. This happened last time I reinstalled Windows as well, not quite sure how I fixed it then. I have done these things:- Downloaded...
  7. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone not working properly: When I am on a call, and some audio is playing on my device in the background, the other side is able to hear the background sound. My PC doesn't cancel that voice.Is there a way to fix this?...
  8. Microphone that works properly on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone that works properly on windows 10: Hi all - Windows ten is making me angry. None of my previously compatible devices work anymore. Can someone tell me - is there a microphone, preferrably one that I can clip onto my shirt, that is compatible with windows ten? My current computer Dell xps 13 only has USBC...
  9. Microphone is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is not working properly: I can't hear anyone chat or voice I think my microphone is not working in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-properly/bbe3805d-db3e-48f8-9a16-8585362f005f
  10. Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803: After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer: Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings" Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device" Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON...